Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HID Kits

Old 12-08-2003, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a92civicxjdmb16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HID Kits

aiight i hope u guys understand, ok i notice that u can get a hid kit for like 400, and it come with 2 ballast or whatever they are and the bulbs and whatever else. My question is if i buy the kit can i just use my piaa bulbs and theyll get brighter or would i have to use the bulbs that come with the kit? Basically how does the kit work and is there anything special about the bulbs?
Old 12-08-2003, 06:02 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: HID Kits

Originally posted by a92civicxjdmb16
aiight i hope u guys understand, ok i notice that u can get a hid kit for like 400, and it come with 2 ballast or whatever they are and the bulbs and whatever else. My question is if i buy the kit can i just use my piaa bulbs and theyll get brighter or would i have to use the bulbs that come with the kit? Basically how does the kit work and is there anything special about the bulbs?

if you use your piaa bulbs theyll blow up, HID= high intensity discharge, they are different bulbs, there not a regular halogen bulb like your car lights and regular bulbs cant handle the heat of hid kits.......
Old 12-08-2003, 06:51 PM

ahh i see, so i take it sense thier hid bulbs u cant just buy them and plug them in right ull have to get the kit. but if u can just plug them in would they make a big difference than my piaa? U know what fuk this what do u guys recommend for some nice BRITE visible driving headlights? thier h3 bulbs

Last edited by a92civicxjdmb16; 12-08-2003 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:08 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question387.htm
Old 12-09-2003, 06:09 AM

aiight i looked all over that webpage, but one last question what does it mean if it says like 8000k, 9000k ect ect
Old 12-09-2003, 06:18 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

and to all ma dogs with HID, throw your motherfucken hands up and follow me
Old 12-09-2003, 08:03 AM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by a92civicxjdmb16
aiight i looked all over that webpage, but one last question what does it mean if it says like 8000k, 9000k ect ect
that is the Kelvin rating....the higher the number the more purple/blue hue
Old 12-09-2003, 09:42 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally posted by split
that is the Kelvin rating....the higher the number the more purple/blue hue
And the higher number normally means lower lumens as well. Which in short makes for less light output.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:11 AM
mD5
back in ther vvti

mD5 is an unknown quantity at this point

you can buy my HID kit for 350..