Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help! Trouble with my turbo'd Accord

Old 08-21-2006, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kimchee86 has disabled reputation
Default Help! Trouble with my turbo'd Accord

Hey I got a turbo automatic accord 98 4cyl sedan and I can't find an EMS for a auto accord.... the problems im havin is the AF won't even get anywhere close to rich and the psi that won't stop spoolin until i let go of the gas to make the rpm's go down....i need tuning bad plzzzz help...
Attached Thumbnails Help! Trouble with my turbo'd Accord-resized_photo-0027.jpg  

Last edited by Kimchee86; 09-01-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:25 PM
where ma ribbons at?

edtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Help! Trouble with my turbo'd Accord

your going to run constant boost when you have an automatic! that just the facts for automatic!
Old 08-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally Posted by edtek
your going to run constant boost when you have an automatic! that just the facts for automatic!
I don't think he means what you think he means...by "psi wont stop spoolin until I let go of the gas" do you mean that the boost is constantly building until you let off? If that's the case, then you're obviously not actuating the wastegate...are you external or internal WG?

Also, if you are running that lean, then you probably don't have something hooked up properly.

Typing like a grown-up, please give us more specifics on your set-up and what EXACTLY you have done so far (install and troubleshooting).

Thanks.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:16 PM

turbo kit:
t3/t04e turbine/compressor
drag blingbling pipes
intercooler
oil feed
downpipe
blitz dd bov
tial 35mm wastegate
vortec fmu (came with kit, never used, so it's new)
airtex inline fuel pump (came with kit, never used, so it's new)
apc air filter (purchased 3 months ago, still looks new)
all silicone couplings, clamps (blue)
some misc hoses, vacuum tees

Thats my kit. Everything was professionaly installed. This is the deal with the psi....I push the Gas and the turbo spools to 10 psi instantly..ok...the longer i hold the gas the more pounds it will push until i let go...the boost will get to about 17/18 until it starts to spudder...and the deal with the vafc reading lean..we tried to put a adjustable fuel reg. on it today and that didn't do shit...all it did is make it a little better...its reads about 3 or 4 red bars instead of just 1 before the fuel reg.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

integrarj has disabled reputation

u sure u have the vacume line on the wastegate hooked to the right spot, sounds like your wastegate is stayin open
Old 08-21-2006, 09:19 PM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon

Originally Posted by integrarj
u sure u have the vacume line on the wastegate hooked to the right spot, sounds like your wastegate is stayin open
i'm not going to attack you... but think about what you just said

1. it could be a pinched line, hole in the vacuum line or hooked up wrong like he stated. which would keep the waste gate shut and hence build more boost. because the wastegate is not seeing proper boost levels.
2. it could have boost creep, but i doubt it.. basically the wastegate can't expel enough exhaust gases so the turbo keeps building boost. common on your "bigger turbo's" with a internal wastegate
3. the spring in the external wastegate or adjustment on the internal wastegate could be for a higher boost levels which i highly doubt.

what professional did this?

i'm sure i forgot something but ah, yeah.. late + drinks =retard

ps. that auto tranny hate's you
Old 08-22-2006, 07:57 AM

i dont have tunning on the car yet(reason the fuel is in lean).....ive been looking on the internet for an ems that will go with a 98 accord automatic but i cant find one...i dont think they even make one....i either need a new tran=$$$$$$ i dont have, find another way to tune which would be great or find an ems that will work with the auto tran...my best bet is to get a manual tran and get the ems that goes with the tran but that $$$ is way over my head....thats why im asken you smart people out there....so ill just print this page and give my installer your suggestions...if anyone knows anyone about a manual trans that they can sell to me or an ems for a manual or auto let me know
Old 08-22-2006, 08:16 AM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20

You posted in the wrong section.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

TypeRDC5 is an unknown quantity at this point

so you turbocharged your accord and you 1) didnt get bigger injectors and 2) didnt get something as inexpensive as a manual boost controller lol yall make me laugh..hey, good luck with your head gasket...or should i say gasket(s) youll be blowing them like its your job...
Old 08-22-2006, 11:55 AM
where ma ribbons at?

edtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these parts

or could be boost creep!

Quick Reply: Help! Trouble with my turbo'd Accord