Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help/suggestions with project RB26DETT Z32

Old 02-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Metal-As-Fuck.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Live2Burn has disabled reputation
Default Re: help/suggestions with project RB26DETT Z32

yeah, i really hope this all can work out, if i can't make the money and complete it by summer i'm just going to go VG30DETT in this Z and try again with another Z some other time.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Metal-As-Fuck.

yeah, RB25DET S13s are becoming extremely popular options, especially after SCC's project 240 Rb25. great start to making a supra hunter
Old 02-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Sometimes Supras can be like Foxbody Mustangs. You pull up to them and don't know if they're a 13/14 second car is a 11 second car.

Wait a second there aren't any 11 second Supras. They're all stuck in the 12's at 140mph.

Ba dum bum psh. Thank you thank you I'll be here all night.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:53 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

I just think its seriously pointless to swap a different, smaller motor into a car that already has a decent motor. Why dont you throw a turbo and forged internals on the one you have now?

I mean it'd seriously be just like me taking out my DOHC Cobra motor and swapping it with a forged SOHC GT motor just because people have ran faster times with the GT motor.

And why is the RB26 so much more tunable than a VG? Get a standalone.

RB's are a trend so that people can pop their hoods and go "I have a Skyline!"

Just my 2 cents, my slow car will never compare with an RB26 Nismo anyway.

PM Prada, he was doing an RB26 swap into a 240. I believe he had every single part needed and I believe he was making it AWD, not that that matters to you.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:07 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Live2Burn
the RB26DETT's tuning ability, which equally matches that of the VG30DETT
yo Murder, you said it yourself.

and you're going to spend WAY more than 6k. more like 16k+. just to let you know.
of course anything can be done, but you have to weigh how much you're going to spend on how much it will be worth. to you and to someone else. just like any major motor transfer, you'll need the mounts, tranny, driveshaft, electronics, plumbing, etc.. all custom done.

good luck, but I'm willing to put money that you won't get it done. or attempt it. but go ahead and prove me wrong.
yeah, RB25DET S13s are becoming extremely popular options, especially after SCC's project 240 Rb25. great start to making a supra hunter
omg supra omg.

Last edited by Carter; 02-12-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

can the new 3.5l (350Z, maxima, altima) engines be used in there? If so, I can hook you up with one for a great price...
Old 02-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Mistah Country Club

Prada is on a distinguished road

Hey, I am looking to do an RB26DETT engine with an RB25DET transmission into my Z32. I was just curious if anyone had some info for me regarding the possibility, etc... I am going to do as much of it as possible by myself to keep the costs minimal. i can probably get all of it for around 4K, I figure 2K to install it all, but i intend to rebuild it and get it mechanically sound (if not already perfect) by myself... anyone have some feedback, maybe experience with RB26DETT/Rb25 swaps?
Rb26 Defintly has more potental than the z32 motor. The Rb26 is a lot more expensive of a motor and a lot harder to get parts when things break. Yes everything will cost 3x the amount with the rb26dett. And yes I think there is more to the motor than you think. And the 26 is defintly very diffrent than a rb25 from the scc swap they did. I'm not saying its not possible but you need to plan on a lot more money than 4-6k. Youll need atleast 10-12k just to do swap right, with a purely stock motor. If you want upgrades from there add another 10-15k. There are a lot of things that have to be replaced on rb26;s if you want over 450whp. If you interested in more give me pm. I still have a spare rb26 block, head, crank and trans and a HKS tripple plate clutch. Good luck with the build up though. Ive seen a 350 with rb26 transplant.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:04 PM
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele

not to mention all the research and trial and error fitting that will have to be done to make custom parts for the car. if you end up jumping off the deep end and doing it then call up mckiney they have a good amount of experience with nissan swaps and can point you in the right direction. i personally wouldnt waste the money on it, with the amount of money your about to dump in this i would sell the z and buy a r32 gtr, yeah this project is going to cost about that much when everything is said and done. and just for the record ive owened a z32tt and the car is nice, a coworker has a 400hp z32 and the thing is fast, but if we could have done it all over again we would be driving gtrs. in fact after im finished my 240 thats what im saving up for.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Metal-As-Fuck.

...I would be building this car with somewhat of a local legend who builds engines for a living... 10-16K? I do believe I said I did my homework... you would be entirely wrong on that one. Maybe a dolt unaware of what he is doing might spend that, but not me. I would be using AR in winchester for assistance, glad someone else actually realizes the RB26DETT's intense potential... I want to get it done this summer, and buy a place in florida, so we'll be doing a intensely built VG30DETT to join the 200 club (that's 200mph, not 200hp, for you morons) there is a 300ZXTT owner that works at ferrari maserati that is a member of the 200 club... I'll be doing an RB26DETT project Z32 maybe next year, but then again we are building a turbo sleeper minivan after this Z32, so hopefully sometime... selling my VG30DE drivetrain sometime, gauging interest in that, if you are looking to build an all motor 240SX or something, this is your ticket. Some of you think you know more than you do, do your fucking research. Thanks to those who helped, that is all (further unnecessary commentary warrants me incising your eyelids, removing the eyeballs, and replacing the sockets with your butterflied genitalia.)
I am as crazy as I am smart. Remember that... and I am fucking crazy.
-Murder

Last edited by Live2Burn; 02-16-2005 at 08:47 PM. Reason: I am fucking crazy
Old 02-16-2005, 09:37 PM
cibic weetec

GIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond repute

do the swap plz...AND post pictures. i'd love to see what it looks like in a z32, and also how it performs.

Quick Reply: help/suggestions with project RB26DETT Z32