Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help/suggestions with project RB26DETT Z32

Old 02-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Metal-As-Fuck.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Live2Burn has disabled reputation
Default help/suggestions with project RB26DETT Z32

Hey, I am looking to do an RB26DETT engine with an RB25DET transmission into my Z32. I was just curious if anyone had some info for me regarding the possibility, etc... I am going to do as much of it as possible by myself to keep the costs minimal. i can probably get all of it for around 4K, I figure 2K to install it all, but i intend to rebuild it and get it mechanically sound (if not already perfect) by myself... anyone have some feedback, maybe experience with RB26DETT/Rb25 swaps?
Old 02-12-2005, 08:58 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: help/suggestions with project RB26DETT Z32

why would you take out a 3.xL and swap it with a 2.6L in a fatass car like a Z32
Old 02-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Metal-As-Fuck.

VG30DETT=300hp at the freakin crank, redline 7k
RB26DETT=around 333whp, redline 8k
it doesn't get much clearer than that.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Metal-As-Fuck.

oh, the fact that it's a skyline motor i-6 with a brutal exhaust note is also key, i-6 is the most dependable motor platform ever built.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:15 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Live2Burn
VG30DETT=300hp at the freakin crank, redline 7k
RB26DETT=around 333whp, redline 8k
it doesn't get much clearer than that.
uh you realize to make that Z32 fast youre going to need a huge turbo, which will spool far, far sooner with a 3.0 than a 2.6

that'd be like my taking out my DOHC motor for a SOHC, not only that, but a SOHC thats not even a direct swap and a total bitch to buy parts for. what a waste of time/money.

Stock horsepower doesnt mean jack shit, the larger a motor is the more possible horsepower it can achieve, hense why V8s when done equal to V6s make far more horsepower, and same with I4s vs V6s
Old 02-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

I'd never take out an higher displacement motor which has just as much potential as a smaller displacement more expensive motor that is going to be a bitch to find parts for.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Patron

Ok and Mike wants to argue with me about a higher displacement motor having more potential. I was speaking in relation to stock output numbers since that's what you threw out there.

A higher displacement motor doesn't always have more potential for the same money.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Metal-As-Fuck.

Well, you see, with a TT, having one turbo on to spool faster then the secondary turbo coming in at full boost, it really doesn't matter, given the way the RB26DETT is built. And comparing I-4's to V6's? That's like comparing a Ferrari to a Pinto. They're net even the same platform, or even close. Stop wasting my time, you obviously know jack about Nissan, or the RB26DETT's tuning ability, which equally matches that of the VG30DETT (unless you are going past 1200hp.) It's an I6 and a V6. Not a V8, and a V6, or any of that shit. If this swap was such a fucking waste, then why are shops going to attempt it? If the Vg30DETT was so supreme to the VG30DETT, they would have put the VG30DETT in the Skyline, not the Z32, as the Skyline GT-R is Nissan's flagship mass production car. You try to rationalize my personal preference, and that in itself is beyond comprehension. I'm doing this because it's never been completed to my knowledge (so far,) and I would simply love to do something so unique and promising. I'm glad you think it's a waste, but I really don't care. Do your research on the RB26DETT, and realize why it is sought after. It's an under-rated engine entirely, and deserves some serious credibility. That's all I am saying. I'm not even sure I want to do it yet, due to the cost, but it's ultimately for my love of that engine and doing unique things... anyone have some serious and credible input? If you aren't experienced and knowledgeable of the engine platforms and the cars themselves, please don't reply.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Metal-As-Fuck.

It's not going to be a bitch for me to find parts. I did my homework, I can get everything I need, and fabricate what's necessary. I can get the RB26DETT and an RB25 tranny whenever I am ready to purchase it.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Patron

Originally Posted by Live2Burn
It's not going to be a bitch for me to find parts. I did my homework, I can get everything I need, and fabricate what's necessary. I can get the RB26DETT and an RB25 tranny whenever I am ready to purchase it.
Cool. Well goodluck then. I just know there's a local with an RB25 in an S13 240 fastback and I heard it's a bitch for him to find simple replacement parts without having to order them.

Quick Reply: help/suggestions with project RB26DETT Z32