Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help with rough idle

Old 10-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JimmyB has disabled reputation
Question Help with rough idle

Hello all. I am having trouble with a rough idle. The idle bounces rapidly from what is reading as 1100 to 1250 or so and never stops doing that. It will bog down when adding throttle slowly at part throttle. when you make it past partial throttle I.E. 15-20% the engine will rev and correct its self seemingly. This motor is a H22a4 in a 97 Cl. mods include type r Euro cams and Greddy Emanage Blue. I have a video that I can send to anyone who is willing to take a look via email or smart phone. The website wouldnt allow me to upload it as it was 4.8 megs or so I believe. Any help or suggests are really appreciated as this project has taken way too long once again seemingly. Thank you.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Re: Help with rough idle

Is it tuned?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Registered Member

No it has not been tuned. It has a tune on the Emanage from the previous engine which was a f22b with turbo.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Okay, so you are running an ECU that was tuned for a boosted car (single cam irrelevant).

You are now running an NA car with "upgraded" cams, on the same tune.

Cars that are NA are typically tuned quite a bit more lean that boosted setups. More than likely you are getting WAYYYY to much fuel and the timing is off.

I hate to say it, but did you really expect it to run perfect when you are running the ECU/Tune that isn't for that setup?
Old 10-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Registered Member

Well to be honest I didn't know what to expect. This is my first engine swap. I have done quite a bit of reading so I know a little about the subject matter but by no means am I a mechanic. when I first started I didn't even know how to start getting the F series out of my car. It has been 4 months on and off work on it lol. Just so you understand my knowledge base and where I am coming from. So you think the tune is causing the rough idle? If so can you put me in contact with a person who can do a tune on this system? I would really appreciate if you could put me in contact with a person through phone or something where I could get it done soon and for a reasonable price. thank you

ps I switched the ecu for the obd1 prelude ecu with a jumper harness in between
Old 10-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Shooting 63's

Chad @ Accuracy
Shue Tuning
All Aspects

If I have forgotten others, check the Vendor Reviews.

There are a TON of import tuners in the area.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:46 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Rameybuilt. Call the shop to set up an appointment and they can get it running right
Old 10-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

Question Re: Help with rough idle

ok so i read up and found that i had a couple cel codes i had the motor running on a p13 ecu. the codes read off as 14, 22, and 41. (Iac, Vtec oil pressure switch, and Primary Oxygen Sensor - Heater circuit malfunction respectively) I took out the p13 and put in a p6w which read out the codes as 14, 41, and 65 (Iac, Primary Oxygen Sensor - Heater circuit malfunction, and 65 Oxygen Sensor Heater (Secondary) malfunctioning or defective oxygen sensor heater Respectively) can someone share some insight on this with me and let me know what ecu i should be using? The p6w seems more correct as i have no secondary o2 sensor at all
Old 10-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

a note with the p6w... i just took it for a test drive around the block and vtec would not engage either
Old 10-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

anyone?

Quick Reply: Help with rough idle