Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help please

Old 06-10-2009, 07:54 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: help please

ok to the op....does it start right back up???without moving the clutch pedal at all???

if it starts up and you release the clutch and press it down again ...does it cut off???
Old 06-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Registered Member

bri_ON has disabled reputation

when you start the car and hold the clutch to the flor it cuts off but if you take it off quick it will keep runnin
Old 06-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

Originally Posted by nftuatn
ive sen it on the ignition switch...the electrical side...they are held on with a tiny phillips...when the wires are pulled it pulls the contacts away from the tumblers and switch...car cuts off...wires are loosened and it touches the terminals again and starts....

there you have been taught something....and no im not being a smartass.....my miata had this problem...took me hours to find it also...it was catching on the brake pedal....
what the fuck......in over 10 years of instaling I have never seen some ghetto ass bullshit like that. I would keep that to yourself.

That is a once in a life time thing, and it was from an alarm install, it took hours to find wires wrapped around your brake pedal and you couldnt feel it! WTF man!

Wow, I giuess there really is no substitution for training and experience. I'll take my best buy garage running, mecp master ass on down the road and let you field this guys problem that has nothing to do with the stuff you guys were suggesting it "could" be before finding out some basic info first.

To the OP good luck. I may check in tomorrow if I get some down time between remote start installs to see what kind of mess they told you to replace and what B.S. trouble shooting idea's they have for you without knowing what the problem is first. wait it's the oil, wait it's the wires, wait, WE DONT KNOW THE PROBLEM OR THE WHOLE STORY YET, OR WHAT KIND OR ENGINE EVEN!
Fuck we dont even need to know the year of the car.....is it cable or not, new clutch or bearings, fluid, sensors broken, I could go on, but you handle it. You've done so well not asking anything relevent so far before I did.

Last edited by ILLEGAL; 06-10-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Registered Member

bri_ON has disabled reputation

okay well to give you guys an update..
my friend just told me he put a quart in today and i looked at the car alittle better. the oil is leaking (he just told me), and its coming out of te exhaust.. its not smoking, just shooting the oil out. ill take a better look at it in the morning.

thanks guys for hangin in there with me.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

if the tranny is not leaking fluid, and it is indeed oil from the exasust that could be pretty bad. I would have a leakdown and compression test done. pull the plugs and check them out as well. Finding out the amount of oil cunsumption in a given time period would also help a trouble shoot as well. How much oil did he have to add in?