Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help me please/ engine replacment

Old 02-21-2005, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nonphixion46 has disabled reputation
Default Help me please/ engine replacment

Can I put a 1996 honda prelude (automatic) engine into a 93 prelude manual car. How hard would that be would it just be a drop in replacement or what would i have top change,. I know going from manual to auto matic is hard but i hope to keep the car manual and just put in the engine from the automatic
Old 02-21-2005, 12:43 PM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma
Default Re: Help me please/ engine replacment

As far as I know the 5-Speed trany will bolt up, just pull the motor out of the auto and drop into the manual. Keep tabs on all pulled wires/plugs/hoses for easy re-assembly

Good Luck with ya lego-box
Old 02-21-2005, 01:09 PM
iTs DA VTACH Yooooo!

neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004

Originally Posted by six out 6
As far as I know the 5-Speed trany will bolt up, just pull the motor out of the auto and drop into the manual. Keep tabs on all pulled wires/plugs/hoses for easy re-assembly

Good Luck with ya lego-box
You will have to get a flywheel and clutch from a manual prelude also and install those on your automatic engine. Other than that all f/h series trannies, and clutchs are interchangable.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:13 PM

nonphixion46 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by neogenesis2004
You will have to get a flywheel and clutch from a manual prelude also and install those on your automatic engine. Other than that all f/h series trannies, and clutchs are interchangable.
But the car im putting the automatic engine in is already manual, so it should have the flywheel and clutch right
Old 02-21-2005, 04:37 PM
iTs DA VTACH Yooooo!

neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004 neogenesis2004

Originally Posted by nonphixion46
But the car im putting the automatic engine in is already manual, so it should have the flywheel and clutch right
yes it will. Just put them on yours. I HIGHLY recommend you have a helms manual when you do this!!
Old 02-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

yeah, but it's still better to change it, since the engine will already be out. But it's pretty much a direct fit
Old 02-22-2005, 09:39 AM

If you have the cash for it.. and the clutch has visable or noticable wear (driving and it slipping) then ya, change it. Otherwise, it will hold up.. Honda's don't have very much torque so breaking things on the drive train is hard unless you just don't know how to drive. There are FREE online manuals, or you can buy one. If you are mechanically inclined then this is no worse than a large erector set, I promise you Just tab everything you pull with a number and some masking tape, we got my boy's 89 Supra head off in 3 hours.. and back on in under 2
Old 02-22-2005, 10:04 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

It's a 96 going into a 93 and noones commented on OBD2?

Doesn't he need the 96 ECU?
Old 02-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

Or he could get an OBD2 > OBD1 harness conversion.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by flo w fx
It's a 96 going into a 93 and noones commented on OBD2?

Doesn't he need the 96 ECU?
I thought Preludes ran 92-96???????

Quick Reply: Help me please/ engine replacment