Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help Me Please

Old 05-27-2003, 06:49 AM
ThanXz_FukYuVeryMuch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boodussi808 has disabled reputation
Default Help Me Please

hey fellas after reading through all the tech ??'s it doesnt answer my ??'s. I still need help..my car is running very very rich, what can I don to lean it out? I have a FPR set at 40psi, I set to 50psi still rich I set to 30psi still rich too...my car boggs....sometimes I can see a little bittle of blue smoke...and it smells like gas...what can I do, will this harm my engine? Its a B16A 1st gen...any help is appreciated..thanks guys...
Old 05-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex

Well are you running codes or have a wierd idle or something like that too. What does the car idle at? Also what do you use to monitor the fuel. A air to fuel meter? What?
Old 05-27-2003, 05:03 PM
ThanXz_FukYuVeryMuch

As of codes I dont really know what its throwing...I am monitoring it with a autometer a/f...its running very rich etc. it use to run back and fourth in middle of stroich etc. it idles at around 1200 to 1300 cold...when warmed idles at 950rpm to 1000...the guys at AutoSolutions can't do jackshit I brought it to them bunches of times,wasted so much money...for nothing...well will running rich harm the engine??.....i adjust the intake throttle body and it does do any help...retarding the timming boggs to almost stalling,advancing makes it rev too high...I am clueless what else to do....help...meeeeeeeeeeeh...
Old 05-27-2003, 06:59 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

But you're still not throwing codes?
Sounds like a sensor problem, did it just start doing this or has it done this for as long as the swaps been in the car???
Old 05-28-2003, 05:23 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

advacing your timing should drop your idle, not raise it. set your FPR back to 40 psi (~stock) and go from there.

you just need to find out what codes you are throwing, and you should find your problem out from there.

http://www.londonautoclub.org/html/T..._CEL_Codes.htm
Old 05-28-2003, 12:23 PM
ThanXz_FukYuVeryMuch

Smile thanks...for all your inputs...

Its been doing this since the swap....changed to new o2 sensor maps sensor, iat sensor checked all okay...this car is obd1 1994 LS the the b16a 1st gen engine came from 93 integra from japan...stated by the guy whom sold to me...well I'll try setting the FPR to 40psi (..again..) and play with my timimg...but I think this will help with the idling and not the reason why its running so RICH...
Old 05-28-2003, 08:44 PM

1slowCRX is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have any ideas on what your problem could be but I just wanted to let ya know that blue smoke is burning oil not rich running.......black smoke is running rich
Old 05-28-2003, 10:22 PM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

did you double check the timing with a timing light ??? also did you jumper the ecu when you adjusted your timing ??
Old 05-29-2003, 01:55 PM
ThanXz_FukYuVeryMuch

As for the smoke I wasn't really sure...if its really blue white black or even steam...It just smelled really gassy...difficult to explain...but I am running rich......jumper the ecu? what do you mean by this?....Imma get a valve job done on it hopefully this will help make the car run better...the engine is really noisy not quiet like other b16 or b18....also which way is retarding the timming and which way is advance I gotten 2 opinions and its confusing....thanks for all your help guys...
Old 05-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Mr. Nice Guy

89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX

Blue smoke = oil burning. (blown piston ring, leaking valve guides etc.)
Gas smell in exhaust = leaking fuel injector, pressure too high, timing off and more