Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help ls vtec

Old 10-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pozzible123@aol has disabled reputation
Default help ls vtec

i just swapped in a ls vtec in a 96 civic coupe i am having a fuel issue it seems at first i wasnt getting a injector pulse so i replaced the dizzy i finally got a pulse then it started until i ran out of gas and now it just wont start at all i am getting fuel to rail but the spark plugs are dry and the injector are a little wet but if i spray carb cleaner in the throttle body it starts fine if anybody can help please do
Old 10-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation
Default Re: help ls vtec

Is the motor timing set to TDC? Is the engine harness grounded properly? What injectors are you using and what enigine harness?
Old 10-14-2011, 08:13 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by pozzible123@aol
i just swapped in a ls vtec in a 96 civic coupe i am having a fuel issue it seems at first i wasnt getting a injector pulse so i replaced the dizzy i finally got a pulse then it started until i ran out of gas and now it just wont start at all i am getting fuel to rail but the spark plugs are dry and the injector are a little wet but if i spray carb cleaner in the throttle body it starts fine if anybody can help please do
Ummmm, just a shot in the dark, but, get some gas.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered member

i got gas the motor is TDC stock gsr injectors and everything is grounded
Old 10-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered member

i mean when it starts it runs good as shit
Old 10-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Take the injectors out and test them. If they are working properly and you are getting an injector pulse at the harness and spark at the plugs then it's a TDC issue.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered member

yeah im getting a pulse and im getting spark but this damn shit has got me confused and pissed off the cam gears are after market and i pretty sure there right but it has like one line on the outside of the gear and then it has all the degree marks and i didnt fuck with those but im assuming that the single line would be the up mark
Old 10-15-2011, 06:44 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by pozzible123@aol
yeah im getting a pulse and im getting spark but this damn shit has got me confused and pissed off the cam gears are after market and i pretty sure there right but it has like one line on the outside of the gear and then it has all the degree marks and i didnt fuck with those but im assuming that the single line would be the up mark
Put the stock cam gears back on if you can't tell what's going on with the aftermarket ones. Solve problems first, then you can reinstall the parts that completely obscure your troubleshooting results.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Boost is Better

sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx

You can do that or do what I did. Remove the center bolt from the cam gears but dont take them off or move them at all. Look where the key part is and align the stock gears up to that key and mark your cam gears for the up notch and the two side points and then see if timing is correct. Mine was not because the cheap cam gears were marked wrong.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Mis-marked cams... Ive seen 'em too.

Where did the cams come from? You buy them new or off of someone as being "legit"?

Quick Reply: help ls vtec