Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help with Dirty Engine......

Old 04-06-2003, 06:53 PM
I Piss Excellence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help with Dirty Engine......

OK....This is a pretty gay thing to ask about, but I really need some help with this shit. Basically, the guy that owned my car b4 me didn't take care of the engine at all. So under the hood, its just.......fuckin ugly. The's dust, dirt, and grime all over everything. I've tried degreasers and some other shit, but nothing's worked yet. So hit me up if anyone can help me out with this.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

toothbrush, bucket of soapy water, rag, and foamy engine brite...twice a day till the shit gets clean...
Old 04-08-2003, 04:18 PM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

Drive the car around until its at full operating temperature. Go to the car wash, whip out a bottle of Simple Green, cut the sprayer onto "stream", and go to town. Spray everything down, minus the alternator, distributor, and anything exposed (air filter, wiring). Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, then go at it again, soaking it all down once more. Cut the pressure washer to rinse, and spray it down.

Works like a champ. I do it every other time I wash my car, since it was new. I have 91,000 miles on it now, it looks like I have 10,000.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:24 PM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Different engine, but the concepts are the same: http://www.se-r.net/car_info/clean/detail_engine.html
Old 04-08-2003, 04:24 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

Originally posted by HendrickEdition
Drive the car around until its at full operating temperature. Go to the car wash, whip out a bottle of Simple Green, cut the sprayer onto "stream", and go to town. Spray everything down, minus the alternator, distributor, and anything exposed (air filter, wiring). Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, then go at it again, soaking it all down once more. Cut the pressure washer to rinse, and spray it down.

Works like a champ. I do it every other time I wash my car, since it was new. I have 91,000 miles on it now, it looks like I have 10,000.
simple green is the bomb! u can get a big ass bottle for 5 bucks at walmart, its good for motor cleaning as well as rims too.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:34 PM
I Piss Excellence

Shive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HendrickEdition

I heard that if u spray the block while its hot, it'll crack the shit....
Old 04-09-2003, 05:14 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally posted by Red Hot EX
I heard that if u spray the block while its hot, it'll crack the shit....
i have done this plenty of times, never had any problems yet!!!

i use oil eater( found at bj's) or greased lightning (found damn near everywhere) they are a little stronger than simple green but it still works nicely.

castrol super clean works pretty good also

as far as cracking the block i would just avoid holding the stream in one spot for very long until the motor cools off
Old 04-09-2003, 06:21 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

mike loves the cock.

lets do some cleanin mike
Old 04-09-2003, 08:18 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally posted by WYT R1CE
mike loves the cock.
no i don't!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2003, 09:18 AM
I Piss Excellence

Originally posted by CHAHONDA
no i don't!!!!!!!
lol. Naw, he's talkin to me. U wanna come help clean this shit Daniel??

Quick Reply: Help with Dirty Engine......