Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HELP!! clutch died on me!

Old 07-15-2004, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EG1sol has disabled reputation
Default HELP!! clutch died on me!

Today I was driving and I started having trouble putting my car in gear, especially low gears, and then it turned to having trouble putting my car in any gear. Then all of a sudden my clutch pedal started staying down, and like there was no feel when i pushed it in for most of the way. So I started to drive home and I was fine most of the way untill I came to a stop light and I could not put the car in 1st gear or 2nd, so I put it in 3rd and I limped it into a near by shopping center. I had to have my step dad help me drive it home, and he thinks that the slave cylinder is messed up, but hes not sure. I have the stock motor in now and Im taking it to get a b16 put in this weekend, and im hoping that when the new engine and transmission get put in, the problem will be fixed. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? And do you think that its something inside the transmission that would be replaced during the swap anyhow?
Old 07-16-2004, 07:09 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: HELP!! clutch died on me!

Originally Posted by EG1sol
Today I was driving and I started having trouble putting my car in gear, especially low gears, and then it turned to having trouble putting my car in any gear. Then all of a sudden my clutch pedal started staying down, and like there was no feel when i pushed it in for most of the way. So I started to drive home and I was fine most of the way untill I came to a stop light and I could not put the car in 1st gear or 2nd, so I put it in 3rd and I limped it into a near by shopping center. I had to have my step dad help me drive it home, and he thinks that the slave cylinder is messed up, but hes not sure. I have the stock motor in now and Im taking it to get a b16 put in this weekend, and im hoping that when the new engine and transmission get put in, the problem will be fixed. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? And do you think that its something inside the transmission that would be replaced during the swap anyhow?
its either a clutch master cylinder or a slave cylinder. id try to bleed the system and check for leaks
Old 07-16-2004, 08:02 AM

where are those?
Old 07-16-2004, 08:15 AM
TTTTIIIMMMAAAAAYYY!

dxplicitone has a spectacular aura aboutdxplicitone has a spectacular aura about

Wow! You need to buy you a service manual for future reference. If your gonna be a car guy it helps to know a little something about them... or at least willing to look in the right places for the answers.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:28 AM

I have a shop manual, but its at my dads house and I cant drive over there right now, I am learning about my car as I go along, and my swap is being done tommorow and Im going to watch and make sure I learn as much as I can, I just wanted to know where in general these parts are, I think that the master cylinder is inside the transmission, and the slave cylinder is not, so Im hoping that its the master so that when the new transmission goes in, every thing will be fine.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:45 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

the slave cylinder is bolted to the transmission. the clutch master cylinder is the small reservior located next to the brake booster in the drivers side rear corner of the engine compartment.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:07 AM

thank you so much Chahonda!
Old 07-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

Hey is Jon still doing your swap? My guess would be the slave cylinder, it's the somewhat rectangular looking block covered with a rubber boot bolted on to the front of your transmission, near the engine code stamp.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:51 AM

Yes John will be doing my swap, we are gonna try to do it tommorow at 11. Do you know if the B16 and tranny I got from Noyan would have the slave cylinder attatched to it? Im hoping that the problem is something that will be replaced tommorow, cause this shit is damn expensive.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

It should have one but if not, just go to the back where they have the tranny graveyard and yank one from a tranny. Arash shouldn't have a problem with that.

Quick Reply: HELP!! clutch died on me!