Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HELP ASAP ka24de misfiring BAD

Old 08-06-2006, 07:30 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAINT240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP ASAP ka24de misfiring BAD

ok ive been having this problem for a while ill start the car and it will rev up to 1200 the drop back down to 800. but about 3 weeks ago the motor started missin. now when ever you get on it like around 4000 the car just falls on it self. i took a peice of paper and put it to the exaust and when ever it misses it suck the paper in. when it first started it didnt do it much but now its all the time. im out of ideas ive replaced the spark plugs (NGKs like two weeks old) and new wires. now im thinking it could be fuel related like my injectors, since im going turbo im thinkin of just getting some SR20 injectors. but id really appreciate any input on this problem. i live in va beach so if any nissan guys could meet up with me and help me out id appreciate that even more. thanx this is my daily driver so i need help ASAP

Last edited by SAINT240; 08-06-2006 at 07:32 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 08-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al_P has disabled reputation
Default Re: HELP ASAP ka24de misfiring BAD

find out which cylinder is missing. when its screwing up at itle pull the plug wires. swap spark plugs from good cylinder to bad. get a stetoscope and listen for injector click. check corosion on injector harnes its fairly common. i woudl also measure resistance on the injector. should be around 13ohms. it wont tell you if its good or bad but will give you a better idea of its condition. tap on the maf at idle with a screw driver handle and see if it acts up. check intake piping for holes or cracks around teh Throttle body. at certain rpm it may allow extra unmetered air to enter the engine and if maf does not know about it it will as you said fall on its face.