Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Help with AE86...Drifters look...

Old 07-10-2003, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma
Default Help with AE86...Drifters look...

Buying this sweet drifter...has oil leak and bad crank bearings. What Toyota swaps can I do into this car...I want to get a turbo swap...help me out here. And a good suspension set-up for drifting. All help needed.

Trevor
Old 07-11-2003, 03:25 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

the possibilities are limitless depending on your wrench-ability and the depth of your pockets...
Old 07-11-2003, 05:24 AM

Ok. Well I'm going with the JDM AE86 motor since the current one has crank problems. I want to get the JDM Trueno full body. I want some help on sites that have support for this car. I want to get the JDM motor turbocharged. Builds for that would help out also. How could I change the bore and stroke to gain more power/torque? I'd rather have the torque for drifting.

Trevor
Old 07-11-2003, 06:17 AM

Ok. I'm going N/A with the jspec motor. I need help with suspension. Is the TRD 8-way suspension a good choice? Also anyone that can help with the welding of any weak joints and replacing of the bushings and other suspension parts, if anyone knows of good places to get those parts would be a big help.

Trevor
Old 07-11-2003, 06:56 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

www.club4ag.com

prolly the most extensive listing for all the stuff u can do. if u want a full trueno front end call and talk to jeremy or johnny and Japan direct. www.usedengine.com they are located in raleigh, nc and ar one of the premier importers imo.

as for your stocker engine i might be interested in taking it off your hands once u get your new one.

trd 8 ways are a good shock..kinda overated though. if u are just learning to drift u should prolly leave everything stock and start collecting tires (ull eat em up fast). after u get a feel for the car would i begin only to mod the susp.

the possibilities are endless in the suspension stuff alone (4links, panhards, swaysbars, strutbars, cages)...also, keep some money set aside for stuff that wears out (remember these cars are almost 20 yrs old) and anything that might break under tough conditions like drifting (ie.tranny, axles).

is the car equiped with a LSD? if not, get one.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by is300drifter
www.club4ag.com

prolly the most extensive listing for all the stuff u can do. if u want a full trueno front end call and talk to jeremy or johnny and Japan direct. www.usedengine.com they are located in raleigh, nc and ar one of the premier importers imo.

as for your stocker engine i might be interested in taking it off your hands once u get your new one.

trd 8 ways are a good shock..kinda overated though. if u are just learning to drift u should prolly leave everything stock and start collecting tires (ull eat em up fast). after u get a feel for the car would i begin only to mod the susp.

the possibilities are endless in the suspension stuff alone (4links, panhards, swaysbars, strutbars, cages)...also, keep some money set aside for stuff that wears out (remember these cars are almost 20 yrs old) and anything that might break under tough conditions like drifting (ie.tranny, axles).

is the car equiped with a LSD? if not, get one.

That helped alot. I won't mod it until winter (prices go down, and I will have lots more money). That forum should help lots also. What car do you have?

Trevor
Old 07-11-2003, 09:48 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

I'm guessing he has an IS300 Wagon, and an ae86?? so, a no go on my Jetta?
Old 07-11-2003, 10:53 AM

Eh...he's selling this thing for real cheap though it needs work...But yea no go on the Jetta...Sorry bro...It's in great shape though. It will sell.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:32 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

when you do start modding it and if you want any opinions on any products, fire one of us (lookoutdrift) an email and between the 8-10 rolla owners we have prolly bought the product. keep us informed on how the project progresses.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:38 AM

Where are you guys located? I'm tryn to get into drifting this winter, need some engine work and suspension...clutches is a definite.

Trevor

Quick Reply: Help with AE86...Drifters look...