Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

head work tools

Old 11-11-2003, 05:02 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default head work tools

anybody know a local shop to get a descent set of port and polish die grinder bits, i actually have plenty of porting tools but i need something to polish the head after its been ported, i have two spare heads and im doing a little bit of experimentation, any help would be appreciated cause the fools at lowes and home depot dont know a god damn thing and i havent been to northern to ask them about it.........
Old 11-11-2003, 06:39 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

i just got done porting my head on the white car. you need a carbide tipped porting tool for alluminum. i personally used one for steel, but had to keep cleaning it cuz it clogged up in the softer metal. Then i used my dremel with a sanding flapper wheel to finish up the ports.

i got plenty of leftover bits and sanding stuff if you need to use them.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:39 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

oh the bits can be found on display at BOC gases off of bainbridge st. in chesapeake.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

oh yeah dont used grinding parts. they will clog up immediately.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:02 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

are you off today ****** cause ill come out to your house and pick those tools up if your not using them and i want to swing by milleniums new shop and check it out and i also need to drop my spare head off to chris so he can dissasemble it so i can get it ready for the new valvetrain.......
Old 11-11-2003, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

i'm working all week. you can borrow the stuff after tonight. i need to port match my turbo manifold and intake manifold.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:40 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

Originally posted by MORE IMPATIENT
are you off today ****** cause ill come out to your house and pick those tools up if your not using them and i want to swing by milleniums new shop and check it out and i also need to drop my spare head off to chris so he can dissasemble it so i can get it ready for the new valvetrain.......
I ripped mine apart today too. If you need it cleaned up nice I can take it to work and throw it in the cleaner we have it will come out nice and purty.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:14 PM
Registered Member

i stuck mine in hot water and purple power. its cleaner than when i get it back from machine shop.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:38 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

i have a parts cleaner at the crib that my pops bought, we use mineral spirits in it,i let head soak all night and then i scrubebd it and it came out pretty clean, derek ill cal you tomorrow night , might come out and scoop those tools for a couple days.......