Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Head Unit

Old 05-07-2006, 05:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crvtt717 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Head Unit

Hi people and thanks in advance....

I have installed head units before with no problem but now I am trying to hook my dad's up. This is an older Alpine CD player model number CDM-7833

It is an 88 Trooper II and we got the wiring harness hooked mostly.

--There were no leads from the radio's harness for the illumination so on the wiring harness that plugs into vehicle, I have an illumination and positive dimmer wire that are not connected.
--From the radio's harness I have a power antenna that is not hooked up because their is not place on the wiring harness.
--I also have another wire that is not stated on the wire diagram on the head unit that is not hooked up.

Can someone please help me. I have tryed to power it up how it is but I get nothing
Old 05-07-2006, 06:58 AM
Banned

Default Re: Head Unit

Ok I made my own ground now and still no power. There is a battery lead and one other power cable(red and yellow). How and could I just get power directly from the battery with a switch or something????

There is also this cirulalar prong thing the almost looks like an rca plug and there is a hole that it fits in on the head unit. What does that do? Antenna maybe???
Old 05-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Banned

Default Re: Head Unit

ok i fixed it- the prong thing was the antenna, i just connected the two power wires from the radio together and voila. I had a blown radio fuse which i replaced and now everything works.