Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

head problems

Old 12-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b16efhatch has disabled reputation
Default head problems

I just finished putting my jdm b16 swap in my 89 hatch on sunday. went to start it and the oil poured out on the transmission side from boyh the front and the rear. I have no clue as to what is going on can somone please help
Old 12-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Tattoo man

93civicgone has disabled reputation
Default Re: head problems

oil prob from motor on th other side of flywheel, need to replace the seal
Old 12-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

it has a brand new seal in it. the bottom end has almost all new parts or machned parts.the oil is coming out between the block and the head. one person told me I used the wrong head gasket but I thought the head gaskets were all the same for th b16s. Is this true or is there a specific gasket that I need.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:53 PM
450fwhp=no traction

conquer11s is an unknown quantity at this point

make sure it isnt an ls bottom end because i ahd the same problem when i forgot to block off the oil passage with a plug
Old 12-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

no the block is stamped b16a
Old 12-13-2006, 05:15 PM

GULLIE has a reputation beyond reputeGULLIE has a reputation beyond reputeGULLIE has a reputation beyond reputeGULLIE has a reputation beyond reputeGULLIE has a reputation beyond reputeGULLIE has a reputation beyond reputeGULLIE has a reputation beyond reputeGULLIE has a reputation beyond reputeGULLIE has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure its coming from in between the head and block and not above....check to make sure your cam plug is good or possibly even the distributor o-ring maybe even the vtec solenoid gasket...if the car runs doesnt overheat it has to be either of those...best of luck
Old 12-13-2006, 05:27 PM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by GULLIE EG
t...if the car runs doesnt overheat it has to be either of those...best of luck
No it doesn't.

Sounds like the oil passage from the block to the head, under/behind the vtec solenoid. Did you make sure your head was not warped and the mating surface was cleaned prior to head assembly?
Were the Dowel pins in to hold the headgasket in position during assembly?

Let me know what you find.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Registered Member

first off the car didnt run by itself we had to hold the throttle open. second the vtec gasket and distributor o ring are new along with cam seal. I didnt have the head checked (stupid I know) but the dowl pins were in holding the headgasket and the surfaces were both spotless. It is almost like the oil passages are blocked but i cant think of why it would be. I used the head gasket off of a 94 delsol. I was told it was different but i dont know why that would be.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

it was under the vtec solenoid but it was also on the back side of the head almost under the distributor
Old 12-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Banned

89sihatch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by b16efhatch
first off the car didnt run by itself we had to hold the throttle open. second the vtec gasket and distributor o ring are new along with cam seal. I didnt have the head checked (stupid I know) but the dowl pins were in holding the headgasket and the surfaces were both spotless. It is almost like the oil passages are blocked but i cant think of why it would be. I used the head gasket off of a 94 delsol. I was told it was different but i dont know why that would be.
arent del sols..the si's d16z6 and in japan there b16s?

Quick Reply: head problems