Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Head gasket failure

Old 06-24-2009, 08:11 AM
I have a 20 valve...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx
Default Re: Head gasket failure

Originally Posted by SOHC
i dont think even the valve cover gasket wont spontaneously blow out like that, so maybe you just have blow-by from worn pistons or something, so maybe a compression or leak down test would help.
God damn you are fucking stupid. ever single post you have ever made in tech talk has been filled with ludicrous bullshit. because you are 16, you've never seen a lot of shit. so shut the fuck up.

I have had a valve gasket pop on a mercedes, a honda and chevy. it comes from improper fit, high temps or over pressure. its an easy fix.

your fucking brain isn't.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Originally Posted by crxnfx
God damn you are fucking stupid. ever single post you have ever made in tech talk has been filled with ludicrous bullshit. because you are 16, you've never seen a lot of shit. so shut the fuck up.

I have had a valve gasket pop on a mercedes, a honda and chevy. it comes from improper fit, high temps or over pressure. its an easy fix.

Haha, I read his response and LOL'd. This is most def. from high temps.

I suppose I'm just going to put on a new gasket and see what happens??

Thanks for all the help guys.

Fabrik8 - you have repz
Old 06-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Originally Posted by crxnfx

You can haz some too
Old 06-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

valve cover gasket leaking oil into spark plug hole, oil caused short in wires, thus car doesn't run... quit drinking so much and you might be able to have a running car.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Function > Form

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
valve cover gasket leaking oil into spark plug hole, oil caused short in wires, thus car doesn't run... quit drinking so much and you might be able to have a running car.
I liked you better when you didn't post. I have my advice, please go bother someone else.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

valve cover gasket leaking oil into spark plug hole, oil caused short in wires, thus car doesn't run...

Exactly the issue (except that it might only be the plugs).

Just spend the 10-30 bones for a complete valve cover gasket kit and replace it; it will take you minutes. Check the plugs as oil leaking is the reason it won't turn over. You might not even have to replace them (or the wires); just clean the plugs. As long as it hasn't been leaking for a while and there is no damage to the wires and/or lifters (because of loss of oil while running) you should be fine.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Function > Form

Originally Posted by CBR600F4
Exactly the issue (except that it might only be the plugs).

Just spend the 10-30 bones for a complete valve cover gasket kit and replace it; it will take you minutes. Check the plugs as oil leaking is the reason it won't turn over. You might not even have to replace them (or the wires); just clean the plugs. As long as it hasn't been leaking for a while and there is no damage to the wires and/or lifters (because of loss of oil while running) you should be fine.
Sounds good. Ill try that out.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:27 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
I liked you better when you didn't post. I have my advice, please go bother someone else.
are you seriously taking me to heart? im only messing around on the drinking part, this is VADriven, you need tougher skin than that to survive on here.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:55 AM
Function > Form

are you seriously taking me to heart? im only messing around on the drinking part, this is VADriven, you need tougher skin than that to survive on here.
It's all good. Been a little stressed out seeing as how:

1) Blew my knee out

2) Prob lost my job because of it

3) Car doesn't start

Excuse me if I don't always joke back
Old 06-25-2009, 05:25 AM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

plus, unless its warranted, tech talk should be serious. srsly.

Quick Reply: Head gasket failure