Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

head cleaning

Old 03-21-2004, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bustedhatch88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default head cleaning

where is a good place to take my y8 head and get it cleaned. how muchwould it cost
Old 03-21-2004, 08:46 PM

Devine_wind has disabled reputation
Default Re: head cleaning

Originally Posted by bustedhatch88
where is a good place to take my y8 head and get it cleaned. how muchwould it cost
It depends What you wanted done on it. Usually the run around 400 and up. I had my done by millenium auto sports by "grey" I had the intake slightly widened out and straightened out like the d16z and the exhaust ports, inside chambers cleaned up, intake and exhaust manifold gaskets port matched to the head+ flow benched. that type of work you looking at 475 .

He does not polish, they say that it works better when it is rough, He does great work.

I will suggest getting it milled (150) if the cylinder head at lots of miles, maybe valve guides, and you might need new valve seals(90-up) I polished, valve lapped, broke it down and built with a semi-radical cam, hot tanked it before and after the porting was done. I spent around 800.00 so it is not cheap!

Last edited by Devine_wind; 03-21-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:54 PM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

ok what are you taling about? are you talking about dissassembling and having it hot tanked? then any where from 25-50 bucks or so, if your talking about having the head re worked that is a TOTALLY differant story all together.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:33 PM

Devine_wind has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 99blackcivicsi
ok what are you taling about? are you talking about dissassembling and having it hot tanked? then any where from 25-50 bucks or so, if your talking about having the head re worked that is a TOTALLY differant story all together.
When someone usually brings in a cylinder head they still have it fully assembled. All I am saying is, save him some cash and break it down himself so he won't be charged that extra. No, he does not hot tank the head for you that is an extra 50. And yes, sorry that was out of the subject, but I felt that it was necessary to throw to him. You can get that tool from Sears its called an Craftsman OHV valve compressor, Sears at Chesapeak Square Mall has one left for 20.00.

To put the valvetrain,together. The man that you should talk to to put the valvetrain together is Chris if Grey doesn't have time to do it. (Another out of the subject, but a heads up)

Oh and sorry, this thread you just put out doesn't pertain for what I previously posted above"head cleaning", you might be pertaining to "millenium" that I later posted. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Devine_wind; 03-21-2004 at 09:44 PM.