Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

H2o / Hydrogen power

Old 11-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QUICKVIII has disabled reputation
Default H2o / Hydrogen power

Ok guys I'm gonna get real stupid here. Willing to bet a Dollar to a Doughnut I get alot of REALLY STUPID responses. I have for years talked about fueling a car with water. Yes water. I have just recently split from my old race team and am venturing off on my own. And this is where I find myself. (Sex, Booze and Rock&Roll does this to ya). I know from elementary school science that we can split water into Hydrogen and Oxygen by electrolosis. problem being is the old way is rather inefficient to split it at a reasonable rate to use it as a fuel to power an engine. Research has talked about "Cracking" water that splits it at a very fast rate. However my rather crude tests have shown me several draw backs there as well. My real goal is to power a dragster with water and produce 1500 HP or better. Now Hydrogen as a fuel can easily produce these HP numbers, along with several benefits as well. The reason I am posting this is to see if anyone out there is working toward the same goal or has a "Rocket Scientist" friend that I could contact for any further info.
Even if you want to laugh at me go ahead but at the same time goolgle "Water Car" or "Browns Gas" to see what has really been done to this point. Also the technology that has been developed to date has been suppressed and the inventors either bought out or died! I don't want to end up dead but would like to be the first guy who runs a Six second 1/4 mile using water as a fuel! Hey we all gotta have dreams, mine are just a little over the edge though!! Now let's see what the responses look like. Thanks.. Dave Brauning.. Hey anyone with a spare 250 grand laying around, I could use a partner.. LOL...
Old 12-03-2007, 12:12 PM
yuuu..oooo

norfolksfinest has disabled reputation
Default Re: H2o / Hydrogen power

good luck dude, hope you have a lot of money though. ever thought of a 6 sec. vegetable oil car?
Old 12-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

QUICKVIII has disabled reputation

Hey veg. oil would work! But it would smell like a big french fry going down the track! Then again maybe I could get sponsorship from McDonalds! And it isn't that expensive to pull of my little project. The car and drivetrain are exactly like every other car. The only difference is it is fueled by water. The problem I have to beat is the splitting of the water into Hydrogen and Oxygen quick enough to fuel the car as it makes the pass. In other words, I could use a bottle of Hydrogen gas on board, but don't want the safety issues with that. I have or should I say had a working 2 cyl Briggs & Stratton engine running on water in my garage, till I dumped too much Hydrogen to it and it went BOOM!!! But it made a hell of a lot of power till it did!!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

DAintegra90 has disabled reputation

really interesting, sounds like a good idea too. gl man
Old 12-06-2007, 06:35 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

i would have liked to have seen the briggs engine setup
Old 12-06-2007, 07:12 PM
︻╦╤─

DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk

I have a piece of Uranium you could have, it's pretty decent at producing steam.

Good luck with this..
Old 12-07-2007, 05:06 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

ok my main question is....how/where is it introduced into the engine?
Old 12-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Respect Everyone!

ITRTurbo786HP has disabled reputation

good luck
Old 12-07-2007, 10:55 AM
corona connessuer

come on guys.....id like to discuss this topic! im thinking seriously of making a hydrogen booster for my truck!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Full Access Member

Binarypotato has disabled reputation

look up the Honda FCX its a Hydrogen/Fuel Cell vehicle already in the making, they've gotten it better over the past few years too....

Just google Honda FCX

Quick Reply: H2o / Hydrogen power