Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

H22 Problem

Old 02-01-2005, 03:53 PM
^this guy^

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson
Default H22 Problem

While driving after putting gas into my car it started acting retarded. Some of the problems are in first gear my rev limit is now 6500 rpms. 2nd gear my vtec wont engage untill about 6k rpm or so and 3rd gear vtec wont even engage at all. My quetion is since I went to a gas somebody pumped 87 octane in my car without asking me. Would that make my car run that bad? or would it be an ecu problem? Any help would be great.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: H22 Problem

Originally Posted by 01prixGT
While driving after putting gas into my car it started acting retarded. Some of the problems are in first gear my rev limit is now 6500 rpms. 2nd gear my vtec wont engage untill about 6k rpm or so and 3rd gear vtec wont even engage at all. My quetion is since I went to a gas somebody pumped 87 octane in my car without asking me. Would that make my car run that bad? or would it be an ecu problem? Any help would be great.
So wait, you know that someone put 87 in your car? If you're having minor detonation problems, the knock sensor may be making the ECU do all sorts of strange things. If you're sure you have 87 in there, throw in some octane booster and drive like a sane person until that tank is gone. If that doesn't help, you may have water in your tank, and some fuel stabilizer / water remover should take care of that. This could be a problem with something else in your electrical system too, like a sensor or something. Try the gas stuff first.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:40 PM
i gotta P.H.D

pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy pimpinainteasy

noooooooooooo....87 is bad!
Old 02-01-2005, 06:04 PM
^this guy^

DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson DanielSanderson

It wasnt my fault...The exxon in urbanna somebody pumps the gas for you. Well he didnt even bother asking me what kind of octane I wanted. Well I ran all of the 87 out of it and put 93 into it and have used half a tank of that with the same problem.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

finish out that tank as there is still some 87 left, refill it with 93, and reset the ecu. Are you getting any CEL's?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:40 PM
^this guy^

nope no cels
Old 02-02-2005, 04:51 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Maybe water then. It'll stick around for a while.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:10 AM
^this guy^

I'm going to pick up some fuel stabilizer/ water remover as soon as I get out of class.
Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:02 AM
^this guy^

My car just threw a check transmission light?
Old 02-02-2005, 01:18 PM
^this guy^

I reset my ecu and the trans light didnt come back on. Then when driving home my oil light started blinking? My cars going ape shit.

Quick Reply: H22 Problem