Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

H22 owners help me out!

Old 10-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pimpingreen13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H22 owners help me out!

Hey whats up Im having problems with my car. First let me begin with what I have. I have a 95 Integra with a h22A with Intake, Header, Exhaust, and a Walbro 255lph fuel pump. The car dosent seem to be running right and was wondering if you guys could help me out. It dosent seem like its pulling like it should. I dont know what it should run in the 1/4 but It it used to lag a lot with a stock fuel pump but now with the walbro pump it starts a lot better and accelerates a bit better but its not doing what its supposed to. What do you guys think is wrong with it? Also I have a Maint required light on. Any help would be appreciated. Im running a p72 ecu. thanks ahead of time.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:18 PM

StpH8n is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H22 owners help me out!

Originally Posted by pimpingreen13
Hey whats up Im having problems with my car. First let me begin with what I have. I have a 95 Integra with a h22A with Intake, Header, Exhaust, and a Walbro 255lph fuel pump. The car dosent seem to be running right and was wondering if you guys could help me out. It dosent seem like its pulling like it should. I dont know what it should run in the 1/4 but It it used to lag a lot with a stock fuel pump but now with the walbro pump it starts a lot better and accelerates a bit better but its not doing what its supposed to. What do you guys think is wrong with it? Also I have a Maint required light on. Any help would be appreciated. Im running a p72 ecu. thanks ahead of time.
Ok thats alot of writing but you really didnt get that specific with the problem. Is your p72 chipped? If not then your fuel maps are not the optimal maps for the h22a. You say "its not doing what its supposed to do......" what do you mean by this? Is vtec not engaging? Is it idling funny? What specifically is it doing? Your cel (check engine light) is on. What codes are you throwing? Do you know how to check? If not, locate your ecu maintenance plug (not sure if its in the same location in the tegs as it is in the civics) but it should be under the right hand side of the glove box. Jumper the two wire connector with a paper clip then turn the car on. Count the light flashes......... 1 long light flash equals 10 and quicker flashes equal single digits (ex. 1 long and 4 short = code 14 which would indicate a bad IAC or faulty wiring therein). Or you can take it to autozone and they will check it for free.

Who did your swap? You? I did my own egh22 swap so there isnt too much i dont know about the beast. I'll help you as much as i can.

Last edited by StpH8n; 10-04-2004 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:25 PM
BOXIN YOU

gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point

your problem is you have a aftermarket fuel pump, but no fuel management system...that is a problem....go back to a new stock pump...replace spark plugs...see if there is a difference....there should be but if not then replace the fuel filter.....

and if u stay with the after market fuel pump u need to get something to control that fuel
Old 10-05-2004, 12:29 AM

StpH8n is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gen4H22A
your problem is you have a aftermarket fuel pump, but no fuel management system...that is a problem....go back to a new stock pump...replace spark plugs...see if there is a difference....there should be but if not then replace the fuel filter.....

and if u stay with the after market fuel pump u need to get something to control that fuel

Why would an aftermarket fuel pump do anything to his current system if hes running a stock fpr? The pump wont pump more or less then what the fpr will regulate. He already has something to control the fuel and that is his stock fpr. No matter how many lph's of fuel that pump can pump the regulator will only regulate what it is set for. The only thing that beefy pump is doing right now is making sure that the fuel is getting to where it needs to go at a faster rate then his stock pump. Now granted, yes, he could have used his stock pump and been fine, but a 255 isnt going to hurt him in the least bit.

One problem I see is the base maps of the p72 which are for the gsr, they are NOT ment for the h22a. You need to resocket that ecu and chip it. Then run either hondata, uberdata, or even chrome with the correct h22 fuel maps. Or get yourself a p13. I myself am running chrome with the base map of a slightly modified h22a on my p28 and my h runs great.

But i dont see that as being the only problem he is having. I would like to hear which codes hes throwing before i even begin to speculate anymore.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:02 AM
l

WillsH22Accord is an unknown quantity at this point

a p13 will run good, chipped it will run even better, But a chipped p28 usually run the best. They have no knock board or egr board, and also they have a smaller drop in rpms between shifts than the p13s.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:28 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Thread Jack: p13 ECU, sputtering problems, rev limiter is 2k lower (6.5k), doesn't want to accelerate, 99 h22a4 in a 1992 pk si. The p14 (h23) ecu runs fine, just rich and it likes to have an irratic idle.

I didn't want to start another thread for the same thing.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:29 AM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

PM bigballs he should know
Old 10-05-2004, 11:01 AM
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

ya, a stock p72 map won't be effecient for a h22. Need it chipped.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

well it idles fine once it warms up but when its cold the idle used to go up to about 3000rmp and down to like 300rpm but with the walbro now it stays at about 1400rpm until it warms up then it idles fine at about 700 rpm. I dont know if the ecu is chipped I bought it liked that and I have not tried opening it to see if it was. Also what I mean its not doing what its supposed to is it dosent feel like it pulls as hard as it supposed to I ran it at the track and I ran a 15.7 on stock tires with the stock pump but I dont know what its supposed to run.
Originally Posted by Crate
ya, a stock p72 map won't be effecient for a h22. Need it chipped.

Last edited by pimpingreen13; 10-05-2004 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

Also I did a compression test and each cylinder was good. Does autozone check for obd1 codes? I thought they could only check for obd2 codes but Im probably wrong dont know much about that kind of stuff.

Quick Reply: H22 owners help me out!