Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

h22 in a DA

Old 11-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big-E has disabled reputation
Default h22 in a DA

i was wondering how hard would it be to put an h22 swap into a 91 integra ls, what all would i have to do and what would i have to buy
Old 11-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell
Default Re: h22 in a DA

I don't think you would be able to do it yourself. I know a year ago they didn't make a mount kit but I think they do now. Peopl put them in crx's left and right which has the same size engine bay. I think the best thing for you to do would be to take the h22 motor and get one of those plates that let you run the b series tranny. Pm fobby I know his tech knows what to do and I am sure he could help you out a little more than I could.

Good luck
Old 11-28-2006, 07:24 PM
repping that gR

WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3

it can be done and if you have the right tools and know how to turn a wrench you can do it yourself. like uh dave said get a H2B adapter plate.

search www.g2ic.com, its been covered on there a million times and they have pics of their work.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:39 AM
Banned

Touge D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wayne
it can be done and if you have the right tools and know how to turn a wrench you can do it yourself. like uh dave said get a H2B adapter plate.

search www.g2ic.com, its been covered on there a million times and they have pics of their work.
the H2B is not exactly an easier route...It is just too much work over regular H-series trans and it's pretty pricey as well so it's not even worth it. Not to mention the H2B would be worse in the lighter car DA/ED H22 you will NEVER get traction so stick with the H22 trans, UNLESS it's the LS trans (pointless) You WILL run into clearance issues either way but they are pretty simple to get around. The passenger portion of the crossmember will be the toughest part but take a look below.

Go here for ED/DA H22 breakdown:

http://explicitspeedperformance.net/TheEFH22AHowTo.html

These guys also fabricate traction bars, mounts, adapters, (relocation) and other things needed or could use for the swap.

Last edited by Touge D; 11-29-2006 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

integrarj has disabled reputation

hasport makes the mounts. but there pricey
Old 11-29-2006, 08:23 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

not much more than b series into a crx.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Banned

Go to that link above: They will give you everything you need for including traction bar and adapters for about $770

They are nice guys and easy to work with.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

KYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud of

Touge D have you ever done the h2b? From personal experience the h2b is alot easier and requires less tools ( welder, cut off wheels) then a regular h swap. Anyone who has ever used the kit has been more then happy with the results at the track and on the street. As far as the price goes its 900 for the kit which seems like alot but when you dont have to buy mounts or axles then it comes out about the same. Do less work and and be faster is always better
Old 11-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Whatever it takes

ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch

if you don't want to go the h2b way check g2ic.com still. there are a few write ups on the h22 swap without the h2b kit on there.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KYLE ROSE
Touge D have you ever done the h2b? From personal experience the h2b is alot easier and requires less tools ( welder, cut off wheels) then a regular h swap. Anyone who has ever used the kit has been more then happy with the results at the track and on the street. As far as the price goes its 900 for the kit which seems like alot but when you dont have to buy mounts or axles then it comes out about the same. Do less work and and be faster is always better
I helped with an H2B in a Civic sedan. He didn't like it so he sold it. I also got the chance to drive it and I didn't favor it either actually