Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

h22 advice

Old 09-19-2009, 09:38 AM
h22 POWA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd
Default h22 advice

alright i have a h22 civic coupe. Shit is hard to shift if you are gettin on it. Would it be worth it to do h2b swap on it? or what is a good tranny i can use on it if i didnt want to do the h2b swap?

I have a h22 tranny in it now and the gears are just long. well longer than i want them to be. and any advice on why its so hard to shift would help also and if anyone has the same kinda problem in their civic. I am just use to b-series and the trannys are just smooth. this is my first h series i am messing with
Old 09-19-2009, 09:41 AM
e39 5 Sport

92 Prelude SI has disabled reputation
Default Re: h22 advice

h23 tranny strongest tranny for turbo
Old 09-19-2009, 09:43 AM
h22 POWA

gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd

sorry i didnt post, i am all motor. not boosting this one.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:16 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

if its hard to shift while your heavy on the throttle and not at other times, you may want to look at your motor mounts , maybe the engine is shifting too much and binding the swivel knuckle on the shift linkage.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

k20fg has disabled reputation

yep check motor mounts, if your motor mounts are bad that creates 2 much engine movement creating hard shifting.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:50 PM
gotta go gotta go

cr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond reputecr1m3rat3z has a reputation beyond repute

H2B swaps are mean. You're gonna want to get yourself some lsd if you decide to do so. CTR transmissions seem to be the ones I see most in the swaps. You'll need more than just the trans though.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

jspec94lude has a spectacular aura aboutjspec94lude has a spectacular aura about

u really wanna look how your cables are routed , that seems to be a big problem with h swapped car , alot of people don't take the cable mounting bracket off the rear crossmember of the prelude also an mount the cables to the rear crossmember i just moved back here from florida where the racing scene alot bigger and i am known from tampa to jacksonville as h22 dave we just finished another h2b swap at the shop before i left
f20b fully built head , hytechs , every bolt on imaginable exept turbo and a 100 shot and a gsr trans with lsd , there ok but i don't recomend them after owning one the angle of the motor is all wrong and its kinda really not worth the money u probably don't have an h22 trans if u are complaining about long gears , whats the code on it ??????? u probably got an h23 trans i had to go to a h23 trans cause my h22 lsd trans just spun on my itb'd and directport nitrous fully built bluetop h23vtec usdm h22 and jdm h22 trans and f20b trans are pretty short geared unless u are used to b16 tranny's any more questions pm me your number and i will give u a call

sorry about the run on sentences my mind goes a mile a minute , and puncuation owns me

Last edited by jspec94lude; 09-19-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:41 AM
h22 POWA

Originally Posted by jspec94lude
u really wanna look how your cables are routed , that seems to be a big problem with h swapped car , alot of people don't take the cable mounting bracket off the rear crossmember of the prelude also an mount the cables to the rear crossmember i just moved back here from florida where the racing scene alot bigger and i am known from tampa to jacksonville as h22 dave we just finished another h2b swap at the shop before i left
f20b fully built head , hytechs , every bolt on imaginable exept turbo and a 100 shot and a gsr trans with lsd , there ok but i don't recomend them after owning one the angle of the motor is all wrong and its kinda really not worth the money u probably don't have an h22 trans if u are complaining about long gears , whats the code on it ??????? u probably got an h23 trans i had to go to a h23 trans cause my h22 lsd trans just spun on my itb'd and directport nitrous fully built bluetop h23vtec usdm h22 and jdm h22 trans and f20b trans are pretty short geared unless u are used to b16 tranny's any more questions pm me your number and i will give u a call

sorry about the run on sentences my mind goes a mile a minute , and puncuation owns me
pming you now.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Registered Member

hcivic has disabled reputation

yeah dude you most likely have a h23 or f series trans, the h22 trans shouldnt drag out so long that you start getting impatient.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Registered member

jdm90cb7 has disabled reputation

I had the same problem with shifting when laying into the throttle at the track. The motor mounts play an important role in this, when you lay into it the engine shifts tremendously and binds the shift cables. To fix this problem you need either stiffer mounts or do a h2b conversion.

Quick Reply: h22 advice