Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

GSX mods for the track

Old 11-19-2002, 02:42 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by ChRiS
dude u have the best name ever
me?
Old 11-19-2002, 07:45 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

I agree only running 10psi it wont do anything but sound loud. IF you where running like a 20g or larger at high boost then it would matter
Old 11-20-2002, 12:59 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by MeanGreenGSX
I agree only running 10psi it wont do anything but sound loud. IF you where running like a 20g or larger at high boost then it would matter
i think 3" is still pletny for a 20g, dejon dan runs a 3" cat back and does 10s.. he does however had a 4" downpipe.. that's besides the point though.. get ahold of a logger, and go d some test runs. get the boost set so you are boosting as much as possible with maximum timing advance.. when you get to the track put a little higher octane gas in there to help ensure good timing.. you should go 13.5 at the slowest..
Old 11-20-2002, 05:18 AM
I'm not into cars

reXer has disabled reputation

Originally posted by Big 16GSX
If i did go with the side exit, which i dont think i'm going to, i was going to wrap it up in exhaust wrap.
I've been told NOT to wrap the exhaust after the turbo because it will hurt the flow of the exhaust. (I'd have to search for the technical explanation if you want it.) I'm not sure if it's just on wrx's or any turbo car. Seems universal to me.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:32 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Originally posted by reXer
I've been told NOT to wrap the exhaust after the turbo because it will hurt the flow of the exhaust. (I'd have to search for the technical explanation if you want it.) I'm not sure if it's just on wrx's or any turbo car. Seems universal to me.
how could that affect it? it's not like it's inside the pipe blocking flow or anything..
Old 11-20-2002, 11:40 AM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

Originally posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
me?
yea
Old 11-20-2002, 12:12 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

thanks, i love that name too
Old 11-20-2002, 04:15 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

how could that affect it? it's not like it's inside the pipe blocking flow or anything..
Sounds like it has something to do with the flow of air at certain temps. Kinda like cold air is more dense than hot.
But, I have never heard anything so who knows.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:57 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Originally posted by Ninety7GSX
Sounds like it has something to do with the flow of air at certain temps. Kinda like cold air is more dense than hot.
But, I have never heard anything so who knows.
hmm.. that makes sense now.. the less dense hotter air moves faster maybe?
Old 11-20-2002, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

BoOsted is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm.. that makes sense now.. the less dense hotter air moves faster maybe?
If that were the case than exaust wrap would be a pro not a con. Concidering that the wrap would keep the heat from the exaust in the pipe instead of seeping out.

Quick Reply: GSX mods for the track