Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

GSR turbo with vaccum problem?

Old 08-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sick89six is a jewel in the roughsick89six is a jewel in the roughsick89six is a jewel in the rough
Default GSR turbo with vaccum problem?

I have a gsr Turbo teg. I just had the engine out to put a new crank in and recon the rods and also installed a different larger turbo. I also went to put on a external coil but found the coil to be bad and had to re install the stock coil. No to the probelm

The car starts up great most of the time, but sometimes it takes a second of coaxing witht the gas pedal to get it started.
Also sometimes when im driving the car will just begin running bad. the idle will drop off and partial (constant throttle) will be jumpy like its trying to stall. I think it may be a vacum leak by the way its acting but for one cant find one and to its an intermintent problem.

any suggestions
Old 08-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue
Default Re: GSR turbo with vaccum problem?

sounds like it needs a tune
Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 AM
we PARTYIN!

1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute

how do people know how to put in cranks and rods nowadays, and not know about tuning.. which it sounds like, from your description.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered Member

sick89six is a jewel in the roughsick89six is a jewel in the roughsick89six is a jewel in the rough

so ur saying that i should know that it may not be a loose conection, may not be a leak, and has to be a tuning issue. I know what the hell im doing. If you dont have any advise, which obviously dont have any and dont know what the hell your talking about, stay off my thread. It is a problem that only happens 1/2 the time. so t may not be a tuning issue!!!!
Old 08-09-2007, 10:21 AM
we PARTYIN!

1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute

step 1: post more info. ie: fuel system/ignition or else nobody can fully help you out.

step 2: spray carb cleaner all over engine bay to find vacuum leaks.. if there is a leak were you sprayed the idle will go up or down. you do this when the engine is on.

step 3: since you didn't specify if it was tuned. then we will assume it's not. don't be a noob. GET IT TUNED.

step 4: brush the sand out your vagina and put a new tampon in.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

well there you go. seems like your learning. if i ddin't post enough information for you then ask for it.

1. 550 injectors tuned for the old 18g turbo.
I already explained the ignition system please read first!!!
2. I already did that try again
3. I want to figure out the real problem before i get it RE-tuned. the is no point in getting a car tuned where there is an f*ing problem dumbass. DONT BE A NOOB
4. wow im not going to begin on how childish you are.

Last edited by sick89six; 08-09-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
sounds like it needs a tune
+1, sounds, like my car after the first chip was burned. it did not burn well, and left my car with a very funny hit or miss start and part throttle stumble. burned a different chip with the same tune, and it has been good since.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

ok. just to clear everything up.

I HAD THE CAR TUNED IN MARCH.
it ran great until the oil pump went south and ate a rod bearing. I pulled the motor and had the rods recon'd and installed a new crank. I put it back to gether. I lengthened the coil wires so i could use an external coil. the coil was bad so im back to the stock coil. I aslo replaced the turbo, manifold, downpipe, and wastegate. IT WILL RUN FINE sometimes and others IT WILL RUNNY CRAPPY. almost like to much fuel? i personally believe it may be a problem in the ignition coil wiring? I know it needs a re-tune with the new turbo setup but i want to fix the problem first.