Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

GSR Tranny MAJOR ISSUSES!! FML

Old 07-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRE5H EK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GSR Tranny MAJOR ISSUSES!! FML

This is whats going on, got a hatch with a GSR tranny in it, but the tranny to me seems super fked, but I'm not sure. What happens is, the car will only start IF the car is in first gear, the clutch pedal is pretty much usless, and while driving it will only go into 1st, 3rd, and 5th gear(5th gear goes in extremely hard). While the car is off it will go into 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th but not 4th, reverse works though. Again the clutch pedal is pretty much usless and the tranny will go into any gear without having to press it. Any idea as to wtf is wrong with it? Could it be the clutch? Synchros? I'm lost! Any help is apreciated, thanks!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:59 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Re: GSR Tranny MAJOR ISSUSES!! FML

Step 1:Replace transmission and/or Clutch
Step 2:?????
Step 3:Profit
Old 07-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

It could be so many things. Tranny, clutch, shift linkage even. It is possible the hard shifting is caused by a faulty clutch pressure plate not fully dissengaging the clutch. Next I would say broken/bent shift forks. But you shouldn't be able to shift it while moving no matter what is messed up with out depressing the clutch... Strange situation you have there. Def. take the transmission out and inspect the clutch first. It's easy and free. Look for broken rivets on the pressure plate and missing springs on the disc. Those are the most common failures on honda clutches.

When you drain the transmission, pay close attention for any little chunks of metal in the fluid. It is normal for the fluid to have a metalic tint to it if it's been in there a while.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for your time and input guys, I'm going to take a look at all of it this weekend because it is a really crazy situation. The clutch pedal is literally useless, I don't have to use it all, just move the shifter into whatever gears and thats it. However like i mentioned earlier it will only start if its in gear, and when I pull up to stop lights I have to cut the car off if not it'll shut off, then put it back and first gear and it'll slowly take off and I have to give it gas. I'll post up what I've found out once I've taken a look it. Thanks again!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:08 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

well stalling out at a light is a clutch issue....see if the slave cylinder is pressing the clutch fork in...iirc you can see it working from under the hood
Old 07-30-2011, 06:07 AM
Lemonparty.org

CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09 CHUBBS_09

Originally Posted by nftuatn
well stalling out at a light is a clutch issue....see if the slave cylinder is pressing the clutch fork in...iirc you can see it working from under the hood
THIS
I dont understand,you know the clutch isnt working so start with the obvious look at your clutch pedal,it could be fucked up, check your lines for leaks,and make sure theres fluid in there...then check shift linkage,and if that all checks out take a look at the slave cylinder (not sure if its internal or external) if this doesnt fix the problem pull the tranny check clutch,fork,bearing, and look for damage if still fucked up spend the money to either rebuild,or buy a new tranny and invest in a good clutch and quality parts!
Old 07-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

thanks guys i found it that it was the cluch!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:44 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Cool, glad to hear you found the problem.