Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

gsr swap q's

Old 08-11-2003, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
toxic331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default gsr swap q's

my good friend has a 92 ls that he swaped a gsr into....he said that if you pull the oil cap off the valve cover you can smell gas in it...? what could that be from? also when the car is started, even after it warms up, white smoke comes from the exhaust a little. and it drips pretty good too. could this just be from condensation, or just heat? another question i have is at 4800 you can hear the vtec kick over but its not as loud as other gsr's ive heard.. could this just be because he has a raspy exhaust? and it feels like a second vtec kicks in at aroun 6000 also... what is that... thanks up front for any help... much appreciated
Old 08-11-2003, 04:27 PM
aus deutschland

Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen

damn you kids. lol the GAS TANK is on the BACKSIDE of the cars not under the HOOD...sheesh...

anyways....BIZUMP
Old 08-12-2003, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

ttt c'mon people
Old 08-12-2003, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

damn help a brotha out man...
Old 08-13-2003, 06:29 PM
B18C1-T What?

babybluegsr is an unknown quantity at this point

White smoke is burning coolant. Maybe a blown head gasket. Give each cylinder a compression test and make sure your compression is 180 or 130 atleast. Any lower your screwed. Aloso look into running to rich. Maybe i dont know. I drive a space shuttle according to zappas.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:33 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

white smoke doesn't always mean you blew a head gasket. my friend had gas coming out of his throttle body, cylinders (through the holes for the spark plugs) and white smoke coming out of the exhaust. i didn't know this would cause it, but he fried his ecu (he has a d series motor), but he replaced it an ls ecu, changed the spark plugs, changed the oil w/ cheap oil, ran the car for 15 minutes, changed the plugs again and put synthetic in it...no problems anymore. you boy might wanna check his ecu...just a thought.

summed up, his ecu was burnt up therefore his motor didn' t know what the fuck to do. end of story. that shit would not run right.