Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Greddy TD-05h 18g Turbo Problems on a SR20 manifold

Old 08-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Fitty Tuckin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-
Default Greddy TD-05h 18g Turbo Problems on a SR20 manifold

Last edited by -JB-; 08-31-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:32 PM
cubs 4 life

boostedgst97 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Greddy TD-05h 18g Turbo Problems on a SR20 manifold

I would say to much trouble just buy one that fits with less mod work. Or buy the 18g and re sell it
Old 08-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Fitty Tuckin

I don't want to go through the hassle to sell it. But I think it maybe to much work to get the wastegate to work correctly.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

I might be wrong but it looks like you should be able to twist the center section to make the oil connections work. I know that the BW turbo that I have will allow me to spin the center section any way that I want. If that is the case then the only issue is the gate.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:42 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

It sounds to me like you rotated one housing. BOTH housings clamp onto the center section, so remove or clock both housings until all the pieces line up. The center section does clock when you do this. Move the wastegate, either use a bracket or drill if the comp housing has space.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Fitty Tuckin

Yeah I can spin the center section, but to get it to work the oil holes are not up and down. The wastegate problem I have some ideas. I can bend the arm and add material to make it work, or I can weld the flapper shut and run an external, but that means a new manifold or weld a flange on my stock manifold.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Fitty Tuckin

Originally Posted by Newbsauce
It sounds to me like you rotated one housing. BOTH housings clamp onto the center section, so remove or clock both housings until all the pieces line up. The center section does clock when you do this. Move the wastegate, either use a bracket or drill if the comp housing has space.
I'll try that. I only moved the intake side of the turbo. I'm just wondering how this turbo will go together with a stock sr20. I may replace the headgasket and upgrade the headstuds for insurance but I am on a budget at the moment just to get the car together. Later down the road I plan to upgrade injectors and get a tune.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Snoochie boochies

Beachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, you should be able to clock the compressor and turbine housings separately, to make everything line up how you need it. I had to clock both sides to fit my GTiR turbo.

You might be able to modify the bracket to angle the wastegate actuator arm upward, but that looks like an almost 45* angle

Not sure if you're on Zilvia but: http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/20909...wastegate.html Looks like the manifold is sold though =\
Old 08-28-2008, 05:46 AM
Fitty Tuckin

Yeah went home last night and with in a minute I found the snap ring holding the intake side compressor housing on. Took that off and I was able to clock the center section with the oil holes line up.

Was able to more the compressor housing more so that the actuator arm wasn't at such a angle. There is still some degree of angle but not as bad. I also see that I can drill holes into the compressor housing and tap the holes to use the screws to hold the wastegate. I can move it up some to be a straight shot for the arm.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:30 AM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

yea i put a tdo4h on my sr and had to move the center section and intake side to make it all line up.

but worth it when i was done

Quick Reply: Greddy TD-05h 18g Turbo Problems on a SR20 manifold