Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Got a turbo question?????

Old 05-15-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm Herpes Free!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got a turbo question?????

I'm looking for one of those things you put on the exhaust housing of a turbo to keep the heat down. I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. It's not exhaust wrap, it's like a piece made for a turbo....it's made of fiberglass.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET
Default Re: Got a turbo question?????

the heat shield.....I got them for a stock turbo for a sr20det t-25
Old 05-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Registered member

bZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these parts

This?

http://www.truechoice.com/prodinfo.a...r=DEI%20010113
Old 05-15-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm Herpes Free!!

turbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond repute

That's basically it, but I'm not looking for a kit, just the shield it's self...
Old 05-15-2006, 05:55 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by turbo98
That's basically it, but I'm not looking for a kit, just the shield it's self...
:Subscribed:

I'd like to know aswell. I'm still learning how turbos and heat effect them. So let me know when you find the shield.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:38 PM
missed....

Cell Cell

yea i'd also like to know where to get some. if anyone is looking for some heat wrap, i have about 30 feet or so leftover if anyones interested.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:03 AM
braap braap

Originally Posted by grimace
yea i'd also like to know where to get some. if anyone is looking for some heat wrap, i have about 30 feet or so leftover if anyones interested.
Would you personally heat-wrap a cast manifold? The manifold in question is a drag unit. Thanks

Jarrod
Old 05-16-2006, 07:06 AM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

if i were going to wrap any pieces, i would try to find some kind of high temp paint or coating to put between the wrap and bare metal. Alot of time moisture can get under the tape and just eat away at the bare metal components.(or atleast it did for Subaru manifolds).
Old 05-16-2006, 07:10 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

i haven't really looked into it, but i doubt it'd be easy to find paint to hold up to that kind of heat.

hell, the hotside of most turbos can glow red after a few minutes of quick driving.

however, yes, heatwraps hold moisture which is very bad for daily-driven cars.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:02 AM
braap braap

Originally Posted by NEO_WRX
if i were going to wrap any pieces, i would try to find some kind of high temp paint or coating to put between the wrap and bare metal. Alot of time moisture can get under the tape and just eat away at the bare metal components.(or atleast it did for Subaru manifolds).
Thanks.

Originally Posted by spic
i haven't really looked into it, but i doubt it'd be easy to find paint to hold up to that kind of heat.

hell, the hotside of most turbos can glow red after a few minutes of quick driving.

however, yes, heatwraps hold moisture which is very bad for daily-driven cars.
And thanks

I'll just leave it alone.

Quick Reply: Got a turbo question?????