Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Good place for swap info

Old 08-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec
Default Good place for swap info

I'm looking at dropping a b16 into my 91 Si. I know there are sites with info but is one better than another if so thanx for the help.

Michael
Old 08-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean
Default Re: Good place for swap info

http://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=18
Old 08-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

GOOGLE is your friend.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

Originally Posted by PoS hYbRiD
GOOGLE is your friend.

I know how to search...Google "about 5900 matches for b16 swap"

There can be bad info on the net and some sites will be better than others. And I know that alot of people on here have done it and can help.

And whats the point of a tech form if you cant ask a question???? Couldnt you right GOOGLE on every post but it dosent help anyone...........
Old 08-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

what info do you need ???? its easy .... hasport , place racing , or cheapo mounts (which i dont recomend) , shift linkage from where ever you get the mounts , 90-93 teg axles , 90-93 teg rear bracket , beat a small dent on the right behind the driver side frame rail to clear the alt pully , cut front mount bracket off front crosssmember , your harness on the si should be plug and play , run wires for knock , vtec , vtec oil , and secondary o2 , shit even if you cant run the wires yourself , it will run on the pm6 so you can take it to someone to do it ...... or you could pay me to do it and be done with it. i know i forgot something so dont ride my ass.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Old School Beast

heres a link for the wiring
http://www.deepstaged.net/dxtosir.htm
Old 08-07-2004, 06:41 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...and+have+a+B18

damn...the first link is one to HT!
Old 08-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Old School Beast

started the swap yet or need any more insight ???? your in luck because this is one of the easiser swaps.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:22 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

No it won't start untill after the first of the year. I am finishing up our SCCA SoloII season (November) and buying a house here in the next few weeks.

I asked the question because I have read on HT that there are people having problems with the swap. I figure there are enough people who have done it that they would know a site with the most complete instructions.

I'm not jumping on any bandwagon (If I were I'd buy a WRX or a 240)... My car already is the dominate platform for the SoloII STS class at all levels and is very competative in the SM class as well. So for a few more $$$ I get to run in a class with R compund tires and more power.

Thanx for the help