Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Gear oil :-X

Old 01-07-2005, 03:07 PM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt
Default Gear oil :-X

bout to have my tranny replaced, i wanted to go ahead and put some "good" gear oil in it instead of stock stuff, its been notchy since ive had the car, looking for a silky shift =P

any suggestions, i have heard royal purple is the shit. but is there something better? its for a 94 mx6 if that helps, v6 5spd ( haha its currently a 4spd )

and i am not sure if it matters the clutch ( i am not big on the thechnical side ) but a stage3 CM clutch and a lightened flywheel are going in with the tranny, so let me know folks, as of now i am gonna buy royal purple unless told its actually gay gear oil? and gonna flush out the clutch fluid for something better to.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:11 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Gear oil :-X

GM SYNCROMESH

Nothing better.

GM Syn>> Royal Purple
Old 01-07-2005, 03:25 PM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

cool, new avenue to look down now i got to figure out how much i need, fuck i hate reading
Old 01-07-2005, 03:48 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

you may want to look at keeping the stock fluid in it. new of course, but my experience has not been good with running different kinds of fluids.

synthetics or different kinds. in about 10 different cars. usually causes issues.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:20 PM
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele

redline 75W/80W GL-4 gear oil is good stuff, gl-5 gear oils will eat some of the metal in your tranny over a period of time so whatever you decide on stay away from those.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:57 AM

projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det

Redline Heavy Shockproof is what I use.
They have lighter weights also. Never heard anything bad about any of them.

The thing about GL-5 oil in some of the older trannys is they pit/eat the softer metal syncros which sooner or later cause failure.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:55 AM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

thansk for advace guys, i chose on synchro mesh, tranny will be installed this week, i will post on how i like it ^_^
Old 01-10-2005, 05:39 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

I have never had any problems with any of the synthetics that I have tried, except they all suck in the cold until warmed up a tad... I've used Redline MTL, Mobil 1 gear oil, Amsoil, and GM/Pennzoil Synchromesh(using it right now, love it!)...

the Synchromesh is not synthetic but it and Amsoil are my favorites of the ones I have tried....
Old 01-10-2005, 07:08 AM

Saav has disabled reputation

http://www.cobbtuning.com/tech/gearoil/index.html

Might help explain what does what...
Old 01-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

sprack is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fc735