Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Garett turbo ?

Old 02-15-2004, 08:38 PM
yea, i'm that guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fatboyee has disabled reputation
Default Garett turbo ?

i've recently run across a turbo from a 88 7.3L diesel ford (found on the f250). if i measured right, across the compressor intake measures right at 62mm and across the turbine wheel (minus flange) measures about 62mm also. it has the same flange as my ihi turbo, but the oil return line is different size. oil cooled/lubricated.

Stamped into the compressor housing is ".70 A/R M43 B.0 Garett" and stamped into the turbine housing is "G1".

can anybody tell me more about this turbo? compressor map? what 'size' turbo this is considered (t3, t4 ? )

-mo
aim: UtryNsee
Old 02-15-2004, 09:41 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Garett turbo ?

you can calculate the trim of the wheels by removing hte housings and measuring the inducer/exducer of each
Old 02-17-2004, 03:58 PM
DVS DSM

noyorol_1 has disabled reputation

If it came out of a diesel thats a big turbo.Are you planning on putting it on something?
Old 02-17-2004, 05:10 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

not necessarily. turbo's off of dodge cummin's diesels are a popular upgrade for 2.0-3.0 engines.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:18 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Originally Posted by spic
not necessarily. turbo's off of dodge cummin's diesels are a popular upgrade for 2.0-3.0 engines.
mmm...holset...some of the most efficient turbos in the world