Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Fuel system?

Old 01-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JS4KIKZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Fuel system?

I was thinking of upgrading my fuel system and I have a lot of options. Feel free to help out with any info you've got.

Twin intank Walbro fuel pump
10 gauge power wire with two 20amp relays to fuel pumps
-6AN SS lines
Aeromotive A1000 FPR
Aeromotive fuel filter

Still unsure of the rails and injectors that Im going to go with
Old 01-10-2003, 09:38 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Why are you upgrading your fuel system? Did you get bigger turbo?

What's the flow rate on your stock pump?
I know that w/ my car, some people get a higher-rate pump or a Skyline fuel pump (eventhough it's close to a stock 300ZX pump). However, the stock fuel pump supposedly can support up to 750HP. I'm not sure if that's accurate, but I know it is good for at least 500HP. So upgrading that part is a waste of money.

As for injectors, the size will depend on what you are doing w/ the rest of the car. Again, need to know what major changes you have made.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:44 AM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous
Default Re: Fuel system?

Originally posted by JS4KIKZ
I was thinking of upgrading my fuel system and I have a lot of options. Feel free to help out with any info you've got.

Twin intank Walbro fuel pump
10 gauge power wire with two 20amp relays to fuel pumps
-6AN SS lines
Aeromotive A1000 FPR
Aeromotive fuel filter

Still unsure of the rails and injectors that Im going to go with
Do you have a parallel or series fuel system? Get an Aeromotive fuel pump (1000hp), Aeromotive FPR (convert to parallel system if it isn't already), -6AN lines (could go -8AN and keep line pressure), Aeromotive Fuel Filter and all associated fittings.
That'd be one hell of a fuel system and you'd never have to look back. Talk to Shannon, he just did his pump and lines not to long ago with the Aero pump. That thing was a monster.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:51 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Lenny, update your profile, or tell me what you've done to your car. Now you've got me curious.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:25 AM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

The stock supra pump is a denso that flows 290lph. Supports 5xx hp.

Lenny I'd say supraforums is a better venue to find out what you should get instead of listening to people on here who generally don't have much supra specific knowledge.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

I cant ever get onto supraforums sucks... The only benefit of upgrading to a walbro (better yet, twin walbro pumps) is the reliability. I hear that the walbro's flow rate is at 257lph compared to the stock 290lph but twin walbro's should do me good for whatever I need. Reliability is a major factor.

FastX7 I've been talking to Shannon, we'll see what we can come up with. I'd rather over do it than have major issues in the future.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

I've been talking to Shannon, we'll see what we can come up with. I'd rather over do it than have major issues in the future.
He has a very nice setup on his car and it's WAY more than he'll ever use. I think his tank pump should be a Walbro 255, b ut if Eric's right and your stock pump flows that much, it'd be more than enough to handle the surge tank and the Aeromotive pump.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

There's so much stuff I have to research before I go and start buying any part of the fuel system. We shall see. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA...ahem...hehehehe..
Old 01-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Atheist.

I hear that the walbro's flow rate is at 257lph compared to the stock 290lph but twin walbro's should do me good for whatever I need. Reliability is a major factor.
I think you should check for a better fuel pump. Sorry to recommend Walbro pump, I had turbo Hondas in mind. If they don't make a better one than that (suited for your car), definitely look elsewhere. And I'm not wild about supplemental pumps, I think you should stick to ONE high-flow pump.
Like HEAT said, check out what the other Supra drivers are doing.

And you still haven't told us why you need extra fuel. Are you being a top-secret dickhead; or did you just run out of things to modify?
Old 01-10-2003, 01:08 PM
Registered Member

From what I have heard, most supra people are putting in dual walbro's. And as of why I am asking, I am preparing for a project that will happen later this year...well, maybe not later, but this year. I'll let you know when I go single, its not secret. Besides, I'll prolly need help with the tuning. First project is the 6spd, then AEM ECU, stereo system (working on as we speak), suspension, fuel, some body work, then single (maybe big twins)

Quick Reply: Fuel system?