VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   fuel pump??? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/fuel-pump-149461/)

streetsk8er757 07-29-2006 01:07 PM

fuel pump???

I have a stock 00 SI with a walbro 255lph fuel pump. I am wondering if running the fuel pump with stock injectors and fuel pressure regulator would cause me to run rich? because the excess pressure from the pump pushes the fuel faster and the regulator can only move so much, and might force more fuel in the cylinders?? right or wrong??

MORE IMPATIENT 07-29-2006 01:13 PM

Re: fuel pump???

correct. that pump will make you run rich, it runs at twice stock pressure. if you dont have the mods to need an upgraded fuel pump, put the stock one back in.

streetsk8er757 07-29-2006 01:18 PM

i got the car with the fuel pump in it waht if I was to get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to allow less pressure build up and use an emanage to level everything out?

DOHC crx VTEC 07-29-2006 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by streetsk8er757
i got the car with the fuel pump in it waht if I was to get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to allow less pressure build up and use an emanage to level everything out?

If this will work...i doubt it...I'll trade you my stock CRX one for it ;) I need a fuel pump to finish up my d-series turbo.

streetsk8er757 07-29-2006 05:08 PM

well the car wont be driven to much right now anyways and I am going to need it for my build a budy of mine might have an extra one for cheap!!!

DOHC crx VTEC 07-29-2006 05:10 PM

well the car wont be driven to much right now anyways and I am going to need it for my build a budy of mine might have an extra one for cheap!!!

Just let me know! I'm trying to get my crx to the track before summers up.

Jarrod 07-29-2006 05:49 PM

Take the fuel pump out, and buy a stock one.

I wouldn't sell it, hold on to it for later mods.

streetsk8er757 07-29-2006 08:44 PM

i will if the adj fpr theory doesnt work out anyone with an answer for me??

Jarrod 07-29-2006 10:20 PM

i will if the adj fpr theory doesnt work out anyone with an answer for me??

Honestly, I don't think you can.

I haven't tried to turn mine down, because I'm turbo'd.

I don't think I could anyways, 30psi is alot to turn down.

I have a B&M unit, and I don't think it'll adjust that much, if you have a different one, you may be able to.

1rude2l 07-30-2006 03:37 AM

it will work but you have to get a actual fuel pressure regulator, not just the 40$ b@m or something like that will do you no good, have to replace the regulator because of the size of the hole i the stock one.......one you need runs around 150-200 depending on who makes it