Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

fuel/O2 ratio adjust

Old 02-22-2008, 12:39 AM
z32tt lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quizzkidd09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fuel/O2 ratio adjust

okay i got a 94 civic ex, i just put a new intake and now i can smell gasoline out the exhaust, im in PA right now so i have no way to look it up on my haynes manual but i remember reading that if you can smell gasoline in your exhaust, your fuel output is to rich. how do i adjust it or is that something i should let a mech do?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:40 AM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette
Default Re: fuel/O2 ratio adjust

You can not adjust air/fuel mixtures w/o having a tuning program(crome,uberdata,etc.). If you want your car tuned, you should contact Matt Shue on here when you get back in town and let him street tune it for you.

With that said, you should not be smelling gas out your exhaust from just installing an intake.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:22 AM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 69vette
You can not adjust air/fuel mixtures w/o having a tuning program(crome,uberdata,etc.). If you want your car tuned, you should contact Matt Shue on here when you get back in town and let him street tune it for you.

With that said, you should not be smelling gas out your exhaust from just installing an intake.
+1, when you add something that increases air you are leaning out fuel a little bit. (not a massive amount by ANY means) So there must be some sort of underlying problem.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:35 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

anytime you add anything to your motor that affects its performance, you are supposed to reset your stock ECU. Just unplug the negative terminal of your battery for about 2-5 minutes. Then, replug and start the car WITHOUT depressing the gas pedal. Let it idle for a bit so that your stock ECU relearns itself and compensate for any changes made on the motor......

Try that first and see what happens....
Old 02-22-2008, 08:12 AM
I DRAG for BEER!!!

O.T.Drag-star has disabled reputation

^^^^^what he said.....hondas have smart ecus that can make minor adjustments to compensate for small changes....
Old 02-22-2008, 03:48 PM
z32tt lover

quizzkidd09 is an unknown quantity at this point

word ill keep you posted. i just bought this exhaust system too that im gonna install w/in the next week or so, is there anything that i should worry about having determined that my fuel is running too rich?

also how do i get in touch w/ this matt shue?
Old 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Check Matt's feedback here:

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/vendor-reviews-57/sohc_mshue-tuning-163410/