Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

FMIC for 96-98 civic question

Old 10-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ghb2oo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FMIC for 96-98 civic question

We are installing a turbo kit on my friends 97 Ex Coupe and cannot figure out a sturdy place to mount the intercooler... there isn't anywhere to bolt it up to Can someone please help me ASAP with some ideas?? thanks

Last edited by ghb2oo1; 10-04-2005 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:01 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts
Default Re: FMIC for 96-98 civic question

N/A is Better!!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by spic
N/A is Better!!!!
BEST, ******.

edit: nm, I didn't realize he had that in his sig.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

ok so this kid has something in his sig saying NA IS BEST!!!!

and also under his avatar it says neverforcefed.

dude who the fuck are you kiddin. you look like a complete idiot right about now.

imo just stick to NA if you cant figure it out.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Banned

first off, i'm not a kid mark...

Second, i'm not trying to kid anyone. My setup is N/A, see my sig. for details... My friend just got a T3 garrett setup for his 97 ex w/d16y8. I'm only trying to get him some help in putting it on cause he asked me to help him, but the thing is... I've always been N/A so i can't help him with the technical things. Thats why i am on here asking if anyone from my area would be willing to help us get it setup.

I might prefer N/A motors, but my friend wants a turbo, so i am gonna help him the best i can with getting it on his car. So, don't be a jerk and talk smack when you don't even know the whole story. And do like your momma told you... If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:57 PM
FredVegas

B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about

How big is the intercooler? If he doesnt have to take off his front bumper support to mount his I/C then drill some holes in the bumper support and attach it there, if he has to remove it, make some brackets and use those. Home Depot sells alumnium sheets
Old 10-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Banned

The intercooler is small enough that no fabrication will have to be done to the bumper support or the front bumber. Its just that there are no mounting brackets on the intercooler itself. There are two small tabs that come off of it, but they are centered on the side of it and would not mount flush to anything if we drilled them out.

If anyone has done this or has an intercooler on a 96-98 civic please post or email me a pic or two, just to give me an idea of how we could get this mounted a little more solid. This is foreign territory for me guys so i greatly appreciate all your help and ideas.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

Originally Posted by ghb2oo1
first off, i'm not a kid mark...

Second, i'm not trying to kid anyone. My setup is N/A, see my sig. for details... My friend just got a T3 garrett setup for his 97 ex w/d16y8. I'm only trying to get him some help in putting it on cause he asked me to help him, but the thing is... I've always been N/A so i can't help him with the technical things. Thats why i am on here asking if anyone from my area would be willing to help us get it setup.

I might prefer N/A motors, but my friend wants a turbo, so i am gonna help him the best i can with getting it on his car. So, don't be a jerk and talk smack when you don't even know the whole story. And do like your momma told you... If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.
the original post i swore i read. im installing a turbo on my civic...

and im sorry, i call everyone a kid. also im glad someone realizes boost is better.

i havent owned an n/a car since the integra, which had a turbo kit on the way.

also my mom never told me not to say anything if i didnt have anything nice to say.

as far as the intercooler. did it come with the kit. or is he piecing something. if he is piecing it then just sell the current one if its not fitting and order one specially made for the civic, to tuck in behind the bumper with slight modification so you dont have to chop the shit out of the bumper.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Big Dick Playa

Originally Posted by ghb2oo1
The intercooler is small enough that no fabrication will have to be done to the bumper support or the front bumber. Its just that there are no mounting brackets on the intercooler itself. There are two small tabs that come off of it, but they are centered on the side of it and would not mount flush to anything if we drilled them out.

If anyone has done this or has an intercooler on a 96-98 civic please post or email me a pic or two, just to give me an idea of how we could get this mounted a little more solid. This is foreign territory for me guys so i greatly appreciate all your help and ideas.
imo you could more than likely have someone weld you some new tabs. so you could design the setup yourself and it then would fit.

or go with my original idea and just order one for the car.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Banned

thanks for the ideas guys and taking the time to post them...