Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Fluydine vs. Flex-A-Lite

Old 05-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmteg21 is on a distinguished road
Default Fluydine vs. Flex-A-Lite

i recently bought a MKIII supra n/a, 89 to be exact. i want to get an electric fan setup but im not sure which one to get. fluydine has one, its one big 14in fan setup that i found for about 130. then i also found the flex-a-lite setup which is dual setup but not sure on the sizes of the fans, and is about 360. trying to get some imput on which one to buy based on quality and performance
Old 05-20-2005, 09:30 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: Fluydine vs. Flex-A-Lite

i wouldnt buy either of them tell ya the truth,id go to pep boys and buy 2 of the thin ultra flow fans and save myself a few hundred.....to me a fan is a fucking fan, paying 360 bucks for two fans that have most likey NOT been proven to flow any more then the generic pep boys fans is not my idea of practical, then again i am cheap and poor so my opinion is biased.....
Old 05-21-2005, 05:24 PM
What FMIC?????

MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX

no electric fans have ever been shown to flow more air than the stock fan and fan shroud... I run the PWR radiator in my MKIII, its the largest on the market, with the stock fan and a low temp thermostat... I have never had any troubles with it.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

yea thats true. the reason most ppl change it is to get more hp. by removing the fan clutch and belt, it puts less stress on the engine thereby giving it more hp, and also it can keep cooling the engine after you turn it off whereas the belt driven fan cant b/c the motor isnt running
Old 05-22-2005, 05:52 PM
What FMIC?????

MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX

Puts less stress on the engine.. yes.... But also puts more stress on the charging system.... I'd rather just run a bigger turbo to get more HP then the 5hp i may gain from removing the stock fan
Old 05-22-2005, 05:58 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by MKNTRAXX
no electric fans have ever been shown to flow more air than the stock fan and fan shroud...
.. your stock fan flows like 10,000 cfm?
Old 05-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MKNTRAXX
Puts less stress on the engine.. yes.... But also puts more stress on the charging system.... I'd rather just run a bigger turbo to get more HP then the 5hp i may gain from removing the stock fan
yea but seeing as how my mkIII is n/a, many ppl have told me this is a quick way to gain hp. also i dont enough cash right now for a turbo kit or swap.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:51 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

seeing as how your mkIII supra is n/a, stop trying to make horsepower.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:15 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

i always had overheating problems until I got dual FAL fans. as long as the shroud covers the entire radiator, it will work well. just look at the cfm's and design of the shroud, it's not that big of a deal.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

yea, the fal dual setup is made specifically for mkiii's, so i guess thats why its more expensive because there will be little if any modification needed to intall it

Last edited by jdmteg21; 05-23-2005 at 04:45 PM.