Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Fields vtec controller

Old 09-07-2005, 10:25 AM
one fast m3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onefast92civic has disabled reputation
Default Fields vtec controller

i have a 92 civic vx hatchback. I got a Fields vtec controller (boxer) and the manual is in japan. can any one tell me how to hook this up. and maybe alittle about how the settings work.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Function>Form

DA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Fields vtec controller

The fields is a very standard and easy to use fuel/vtec controller. If I remember correctly, you can adjust fuel settings in +/- 1% increments up to 30%. Unlike a APEX unit you can only adjust fuel settings in 1000rpm increments. Vtec can be set at a desired rpm in 100rpm increments. There's also a speedometer reading, speed governor bypass, and shift indicator function. Also when you switch to high cam the face turns red from green.

As far as the install goes, it's pretty straighforward if you have the harness that came with it. Just tap 2 lines and splice the others into the computer harness. I'm sure you can find a diagram online somewhere if you can't figure it out. Make sure you have the dipswitches on the back set right.

It's been awhile since I've used this unit but I think that's pretty much it.

Last edited by DA-BEAST; 09-08-2005 at 03:55 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:14 PM
one fast m3

onefast92civic has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fields vtec controller

hey thanks man but if any one knows the pin code of a obd1 jdm b16a computer please let me no.