Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

f22a4 question(s)

Old 11-20-2010, 06:20 PM
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WaYtOoLoW has disabled reputation
Default f22a4 question(s)

i just put a new head/timing belt/balancer belt on my uncles 90 accord and put the motor back in the car for him, i've done plenty of accord swaps so that wasn't a big deal, but it was my first time doing a timing belt and balancer belt on a f22. so the engine is running, but it has a slight miss to it or so it seems, it sounds like a subaru motor the way it's running. never ran into that issue before...i just want to ask how the engine would run if the balancer shafts were off and not on time...didn't quite understand how they worked...or would the engine being off time a tooth or 2 make it sound that way...i'm stumped...anyone have any suggestions to whatever it might be? or have a picture or diagram of the f22a4 firing order?
Old 11-21-2010, 06:31 AM
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

Default Re: f22a4 question(s)

also the head was fresh out of the machine shop...had a note on it to adjust the valves which we have not yet done...will that make it run like shit?
Old 11-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Valve adjustment would not make it do that.To me it sounds like your timing is off..did you mark the correct timing before taking the belt off?
Old 11-21-2010, 07:49 PM
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

Originally Posted by JDMCB7
Valve adjustment would not make it do that.To me it sounds like your timing is off..did you mark the correct timing before taking the belt off?
the belt that was on the car before i got to it was broken where they had the head off and was spinning the engine over :/ i really just need someone from around the lynchburg area who has timed f22's and done the balancer belts successfully to come take a shot at it....it's defanitly not like a civic or b series lol
Old 11-22-2010, 04:45 AM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by WaYtOoLoW
the belt that was on the car before i got to it was broken where they had the head off and was spinning the engine over :/ i really just need someone from around the lynchburg area who has timed f22's and done the balancer belts successfully to come take a shot at it....it's defanitly not like a civic or b series lol
Its actualy not all that different at all.If you made it worth my while i'd come up there and do it for you.When the belt broke did you check for any bent valves,cracks in the head ect ect?
Old 11-28-2010, 01:29 PM
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

adjusted the valves...car runs fine now