Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

exhaust install for eg hatch

Old 02-01-2005, 11:45 PM
GO GO GODZILLA!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto
Default exhaust install for eg hatch

so i have a 95 eg hatch cx chassis. that we bought used, the motor is swapped out to a dx (D15B7) the year i dont know. anyway, the car had an si muffler put on it, so i bought an apexi world sport 2 exhaust, i was removed the exhaust, and was putting on the piping for the ws2 but when i was gonna connect the piping in the front end, the pipe was about 12'' short. i looked at the piping i took off, and i noticed there was no cat? or ..at least there wasn't that im used to seeing? the piping was all straight, and went into the first muffler, and then all the way back to the second muffler. i ws expecting to see the boxy look cat, but it was just straight piping up to the headers? is there a different cat for this model civic? anyway, im not sure what im supposed to do in this situation. am i supposed to buy a cat? and will that connect the piping? or what kinda cat? some help please thanks, took 2 hours working off the rusted piping and bolts and now the cars sitting there with no exhaust piping. thanks.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:49 AM
Ruin me!

93Hatchness has disabled reputation
Default Re: exhaust install for eg hatch

Find someone who can make a test pipe and put it in place of the cat....or if you want to be legal....buy a new cat....pref. a high flow cat.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:58 AM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

bap geon sells high flow cats for about $150. or you can do what ^ said and build a test pipel
Old 02-03-2005, 12:23 AM
GO GO GODZILLA!

Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto

whats bap geon? and if i get a new cat, do i buy a cat for the chassis (CX) or the cat for the motor (DX). or are they both the same?
Old 02-03-2005, 12:41 AM
I have a 20 valve...

Bab Geon is on Littlecreek and they have one out in Cheasapeke and I think NN. They sell import and domestic aftermarket and EOM parts. They are pretty good about telling if you need something or not. Look them up in the phone book.

About the motor thing. Look at the test pipe. It should have a fitting from the header to the pipe. Just remember what that looks like. It should be a 2 bolt flange and the exhaust should be a 3 hole flange. Just double check it. Or, call up customer service at one of the Honda dealers and compare cat partnumbers. Chances are, the parts are the same.

Just some food for thought.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:29 AM
GO GO GODZILLA!

header side it is a 2 bolt flange and the piping leading from the exhaust system is a 3 bolt, the gap in between is what im guessing is supposed to be the cat. but the thing is, on the stock piping that i took off the car, it was all a one piece pipe. so i have that 12'' gap, where i think the cats supposed to go? im like 99% sure theres supposed to be a cat, i just wanted to make sure i wanted to get the right cat. thanks
Old 02-03-2005, 02:34 AM
I have a 20 valve...

thats where that cat is supposed to go. take a tape measure, measure the distance between the gap, go to Bap and they will let you measure it to see if it will fit. I had to cut mine back but that was because it was a d16a6 motor coming out and an LS going in. With D series to D series, the cat should be the same size.