Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

EP3 has no power going to the lights

Old 06-06-2009, 05:39 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151
Default EP3 has no power going to the lights

Whats up guys, My brother put a new CD player in his ep3. Everything worked fine for a day or so and now all of a sudden None of his tail lights, license plate lights, and his gauge and heater control lights dont work. The only thing that works is the driver side brake light and the reverse lights. Is there a fuse that is specifically for the rear lights?
any input is greatly appreciated
Old 06-06-2009, 05:43 AM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)
Default Re: EP3 has no power going to the lights

checl all the fuses with a test light first. then pull teh cd player out, and hopefully he didnt hack up the radio harness, and try the oem radio and see if you still have a problem. otherwise do it over again cause you did it wrong! serious note tho you could get a wiring diagram off the net.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:52 AM
Registered Member

Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151

Originally Posted by 95egd16
checl all the fuses with a test light first. then pull teh cd player out, and hopefully he didnt hack up the radio harness, and try the oem radio and see if you still have a problem. otherwise do it over again cause you did it wrong! serious note tho you could get a wiring diagram off the net.
cool, I'm pretty sure he installed the new receiver correctly because everything works on it. The cd player still works its just the lights on the dash that dont work.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:55 AM
Registered Member

boosie1 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 95egd16
I agree check the fuses and the harness my buddy radio would only come on when his light were on
Old 06-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by boosie1
I agree check the fuses and the harness my buddy radio would only come on when his light were on
ok cool i'll give the fuses a check this afternoon.
thanks guys
Old 06-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

thats why you have an actual preofessional put it in. It's assholes like this that pay me to fix their half assed shit all day long, and end up costing themselves more in the end for me to fix it, than me doing it right from the beginning.

BTW dont hook up the orange wires in the aftermarket radio harness, and dont cut the oem harness plug off. (if he did, and hard wired it like a retard)
Old 06-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL
thats why you have an actual preofessional put it in. It's assholes like this that pay me to fix their half assed shit all day long, and end up costing themselves more in the end for me to fix it, than me doing it right from the beginning.

BTW dont hook up the orange wires in the aftermarket radio harness, and dont cut the oem harness plug off. (if he did, and hard wired it like a retard)
He actually did a decent job, i was surprised. The stock harness is still there, he got the universal one hooking up into the one from the receiver. i'm pretty sure its just a fuse.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:44 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

the radio shouldnt have caused all that stuff to go out at all.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:58 AM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

There's one fuse for all of that stuff. Look in the fuse box for the instrument panel fuse. That fuse also controls all the other lights that went out. That fuse kept blowing on my car after installing JDM OEM HID headlights on one of my old Integras.

The radio is wired to the headlight switch so that it dims when you turn on the headlights at night. Bump the fuse up 5 amps(I think its a 10amp fuse) and see if that fixes it. I had to run a 20amp fuse for the instrument panel to keep it from blowing because of the HIDs.

But in any case, the radio shouldn't have caused that fuse to blow.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Double Agent HT

Originally Posted by elambz
There's one fuse for all of that stuff. Look in the fuse box for the instrument panel fuse. That fuse also controls all the other lights that went out. That fuse kept blowing on my car after installing JDM OEM HID headlights on one of my old Integras.

The radio is wired to the headlight switch so that it dims when you turn on the headlights at night. Bump the fuse up 5 amps(I think its a 10amp fuse) and see if that fixes it. I had to run a 20amp fuse for the instrument panel to keep it from blowing because of the HIDs.

But in any case, the radio shouldn't have caused that fuse to blow.
NO NO NO,

GOD FUCKING NO! You put a larger fuse in there than what is supposed to be in there, and I have seen wires melt, catch on fire, and fuse boxs melt and / or the entire car burning to the ground! WTF man!

Like I said before, dont hook up any of the orange wires, it causes problems. That should fix your problem, then replace the fuses with original size ones ONLY

Quick Reply: EP3 has no power going to the lights