Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Engine help!!!!!

Old 02-17-2009, 05:16 PM
NormalBlackGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alamarmoore is a jewel in the roughAlamarmoore is a jewel in the roughAlamarmoore is a jewel in the rough
Default Engine help!!!!!

I have a 1995 toyota Avalon that needs alot of work. I need a full head gasket replacement and rear struts. Those are the major things. but I was think about just buying a new engine its around $850 without shipping & handling but it would save time and stress. Should I replace the gaskets or buy a new engine thats already good. It is the same engine just in better condition.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:22 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Engine help!!!!!

ok so about 1000 or so...i would have to get to my shop in the morning to be exact...to do head gasket and struts....or 850 for a used motor and about 1000 or more to put it in...now this engine for 850...does it have all the accesories(starter,alternator,exhaust manifolds,ac compressor,ps pump etc)lot of these junk yard sand online companies keep all that stuff to sell later....check if it comes on motor...

if interested call me in the morning at 7577222199 and ill give you a price on fixing all that...
Old 02-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

Ajax2029 Ajax2029 Ajax2029 Ajax2029 Ajax2029 Ajax2029 Ajax2029 Ajax2029 Ajax2029 Ajax2029 Ajax2029

Rear struts can be a simple task if you do a little bit of research. The right tools and a 6 pack will get you through it. Make sure you get an alignment though.

As far as the head gasket or new engine decision goes, It depends on how much other stuff is wrong to determine which would be the smarter route. Is it a new engine from the factory, a low mileage pull, or a rebuilt long block?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:38 AM
NormalBlackGuy

Alamarmoore is a jewel in the roughAlamarmoore is a jewel in the roughAlamarmoore is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nftuatn
ok so about 1000 or so...i would have to get to my shop in the morning to be exact...to do head gasket and struts....or 850 for a used motor and about 1000 or more to put it in...now this engine for 850...does it have all the accesories(starter,alternator,exhaust manifolds,ac compressor,ps pump etc)lot of these junk yard sand online companies keep all that stuff to sell later....check if it comes on motor...

if interested call me in the morning at 7577222199 and ill give you a price on fixing all that...
yea.. it comes with everything. even a new tranny i think. but i dont need a new tranny. and basically wat u r saying is i have to pay around $1900 to get the engine in by you?
Old 02-18-2009, 03:43 AM
Registered Member

The_Truth The_Truth

Originally Posted by nftuatn

Keep in mind that he does have the old motor to transfer the accessories onto the new one.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:47 AM
Registered Member

The_Truth The_Truth

Honestly if you are willing to use your old motor as a donor and use certain accessories off of that, than you may be able find a better deal on a long block. I would search around for 1MZ-FE and see what you could find, if there are any better prices from a reliable source.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:10 AM
NormalBlackGuy

Originally Posted by The_Truth
Honestly if you are willing to use your old motor as a donor and use certain accessories off of that, than you may be able find a better deal on a long block. I would search around for 1MZ-FE and see what you could find, if there are any better prices from a reliable source.
yea thanx dude.