Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

EGt Gauge for tuning

Old 12-16-2003, 01:48 PM
WRX 0-60: NOW!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MegaH_MaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default EGt Gauge for tuning

Hey i was just wondering if there are any guys who have been to Turboxs and have had their wrx tuned there. And i know when tuning its wise to have a boost gauge and EGT to tune. But is an egt really necessary? I was planning on getting a utec and having it tuned sometime next year. But the only wrx i know of thats been tuned there is Twelvz...so can u give me some insight?
Old 12-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

yes, EGT's are a very good indicator or whats actually going on inside the motor. if you seriously want to tune it and watch it day to day i would get an EGT gauge.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Mad Scientist

WRXRacer111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it's a good idea to have an EGT gauge on our cars when tuning. It's pretty easy on our cars to have the EGTs shoot up and fry the engine if the ECU isn't tuned properly.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:30 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

dont tune unless its on a dyno. an egt gauge tells you the temps after the fact.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:01 PM

Phade is an unknown quantity at this point

very intelligent words MR.2. I agree.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:30 AM
WRX 0-60: NOW!!

MegaH_MaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I was gonna get it dyno tuned in the first place by professionals at Turboxs. I was just wondering if an egt is required to tune by professionals on a dyno.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:23 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

theyll probably use a wideband setup. you do not have to have an EGT gauge to get your car tuned.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:04 AM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by reuter
theyll probably use a wideband setup. you do not have to have an EGT gauge to get your car tuned.
Although it would be a wise desicion as it also tells you how rich or lean your cars running
Old 12-18-2003, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

RICE ETR is an unknown quantity at this point

dont tune unless its on a dyno. an egt gauge tells you the temps after the fact.
yup.... they are slow to react and will only tell you why you just blew your engine. Once your AFR is set... the EGT is a usefull gauge if you have an AFR/EGT correlation.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:44 AM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

wideband o2!!!!

Quick Reply: EGt Gauge for tuning