Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

EG fog light intall problems

Old 10-31-2010, 04:20 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grant90 has disabled reputation
Default EG fog light intall problems

Since about March 2010, I've been through about 2 or 3 sets of foglights in my EG. The first set lasted about 1 week, then the left bulb went out so I replaced it with a set of Silverstar bulbs turned them on they worked and as soon as I turned them off I heard a pop and about 3 days later I take out the switch and it's completely melted. The same thing pretty much happened to the second set of fog lights and both sets were Plug in play. Mind you, both were from ebay.

My question is, will I have this same problem with the fog lights from PWJDM, JHPUSA or Weaksauce, which are all also plug n play kits.
Or was it just something on my part that was causing these fog lights to die after a week?

Thanks for any/all input.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:26 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG
Default Re: EG fog light intall problems

Originally Posted by grant90
My question is, will I have this same problem with the fog lights from PWJDM, JHPUSA or Weaksauce, which are all also plug n play kits. Or was it just something on my part that was causing these fog lights to die after a week?

Thanks for any/all input.
Probably the latter.
There's a short somewhere. Check all your wiring and check the ground. A wrong fuse could also be the problem. Use the spec fuse and nothing bigger than that.