Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Ef Transmission

Old 08-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer
Default Ef Transmission

Well I was driving hatch today, and I was cruising in 5th gear. I gave it gas and it felt like the clutch was slipping. So I tried to dropped to 4th but I could get into it. So I went back to 5th and couldn’t get into gear there either. So I stopped the car and couldn’t get it back into gear. I got out and looked under the car to see tranny fluid all over my exhaust and ground. I started it back up and got it into gear. I tried to drive away but I could not change gears. I am sure it is the transmission, but any help to why this happened or what it is would be great.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell
Default Re: Ef Transmission

yeah sounds like you got some tranny problems. Honestly if you hadn't said anything about the tranny fluid all over the place I would have said it was a clutch.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Banned

Hi Skuuu has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ef Transmission

Check the axle seal, maybe the axle seal blew out and which in return, caused internal transmission failure.