Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

EF problems

Old 03-11-2006, 05:39 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default EF problems

Like 2 days ago my car's motor started acting up. (d15/vtec) First off, the guy i bought the car from thought zip ties was a good fix to not paying 7 dollars to get a intake clamp (thing that you screw on to make it stay). And my intake pipe kept falling off, and everytime it would fall off my car would stall. On my way to go buy the intake clamps. My car just gave up. And like when i was able to park safely. My engine idles from 300 - 1000 rpms eradicly (spelling) and when I drive it if i put my foot into the gas anymore then 1/4 the way down. my car just sputters and then stalls. And I cant quite think of what the problem was. I replaced the fuel filter, plugs and wires. And nothing has helped so far. PM me if you have any ideas what could be the problem.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2006, 06:34 AM
EF turd

DirtyEF is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EF problems

idle/air controller?
Old 03-11-2006, 08:29 AM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

possibly a vacuum problem as well. Check all your lines- one of them might either be backwards or not connected at all.

You should be able to run all day without an intake since honda was one of the "wise ones" that didn't include a MAF sensor for the intake. I don't think that is the problem.

Again, what I said, and what Matt said. If its a swap...with ahem, zip ties, then I would def check your whole setup.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

I thinkk i found the problem, because my vaccum lines are fine. The distribtor on the car. is not made for that motor. It doesnt line up at all, and the bolt to change the timing is not there. Sooo im going to buy a distribtor that is made for that motor. And also, i tried the idle air control.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EclipseFIRM
I thinkk i found the problem, because my vaccum lines are fine. The distribtor on the car. is not made for that motor. It doesnt line up at all, and the bolt to change the timing is not there. Sooo im going to buy a distribtor that is made for that motor. And also, i tried the idle air control.
Of course it is. Unscrew the top 12mm bolt a little bit and then you can play with the timing....

..........Don't Waste your money on that Buddy. Its a Vtec Distributor From japan, what ever his face LUTEX1 from here is the ziptie king. I thought about it..I remember seeing (a Ziptied Map sensor or something) so check for a Zip tied vacuum line near the intake manifold. The only thing I really had time for on that EF to do was, Replace the tranny, oil change, other shit...etc.It stayed at josh's house(where you went to pick it up) instead of mine. So I only worked on it here and there. Like I said. The D15b is for 92-95 Cars in Japan. So, upon the swap purchase I would believe LUTEX1 got a Distributor for the motor from japan for 88-91 OBD-0 Vehicles. That Distributor is fine. It's only slotted becuase all the bolt holes don't match up correctly. It has worked fine since the time i bought the car and when Lutex had it. If you're able to bring it by, I could see if I could help you out with anything. But most importantly, Check that Zip tied sensor, its small and black.I forgot all bout seein that thing. If you need anything, call me up.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Also reset the ECU by unplugging it (or the negative battery cable, or the ECU fuse) for about 20 minutes. The ECU may have adjusted itself to working with the ghetto intake setup. Some people shouldn't own cars, the guy you bought that from sounds like one of them. Zip ties are for wiring, not engines. You may want to clean your IACV; if the intake has been coming off it's possible that your IACV screen is clogged from getting unfiltered air through it. Try the ECU first though, it's always the first thing I do once I change or fix something.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:10 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Also reset the ECU by unplugging it (or the negative battery cable, or the ECU fuse) for about 20 minutes. The ECU may have adjusted itself to working with the ghetto intake setup. Some people shouldn't own cars, the guy you bought that from sounds like one of them. Zip ties are for wiring, not engines. You may want to clean your IACV; if the intake has been coming off it's possible that your IACV screen is clogged from getting unfiltered air through it. Try the ECU first though, it's always the first thing I do once I change or fix something.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:49 AM
Registered Member

lutex1 has disabled reputation

hey DOHC crx VTEC...before you go dropping dimes...i only owned the car for 3 weeks and i bought it like that......I DIDN'T DO ANY WORK TO IT OTHER THAN CHANGE THE LEFT BALL JOINT.......when i started seeing all the litle problems it had i traded it.......get your info right before you open your mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2006, 08:11 AM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lutex1
hey DOHC crx VTEC...before you go dropping dimes...i only owned the car for 3 weeks and i bought it like that......I DIDN'T DO ANY WORK TO IT OTHER THAN CHANGE THE LEFT BALL JOINT.......when i started seeing all the litle problems it had i traded it.......get your info right before you open your mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!
!?!?!?! THATS WHAT I WAS TOLD!!!!!! and you wouldn't answer question's I had.....so if it wasn't you, then sorry. That's what I Was told from the previous owner......
Old 03-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Registered member

ok, if we could stop bitching, my car is still fucked. k thx.

Quick Reply: EF problems