Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Ebay's Turbo manifold

Old 07-14-2003, 08:27 PM
The Comeback Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76
Default Ebay's Turbo manifold

What do you guys think of these tubular stainless steel manifolds that they sell on Ebay? Has anyone here had any experience with them?
Old 07-14-2003, 08:34 PM
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

ya get what you pay for imo. =]
Old 07-14-2003, 08:42 PM
Site Founder

sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung
Default Re: Ebay's Turbo manifold

Originally posted by nato76
What do you guys think of these tubular stainless steel manifolds that they sell on Ebay? Has anyone here had any experience with them?
it all depends on the make i guess. OBX, spark racing, and meng manifolds may look nice, but the material that they are made out of make them very much prone to CRACKING. if you get them braced, you will be ok, but it will also add a lot of weight to your manifold.

304 gauge is probably not good. 308 is ok. 321 is probably the best they make manifolds with.

somebody correct me if im wrong.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

the thickness of the material has alot to do with strength. 321 and 304 are both really good materials to use, but not required.

304 heavy gauge is perfect ie 8 guage 304L schedule 40 weld els.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:01 AM
The Comeback Kid

Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76

Damn you boys really break it down. I learn alot from this site. Now I just have to find out what the hell they are made of.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:44 AM
Site Founder

sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung

in terms of log-style manifolds, i would choose inline pro. you can find one used for around 450... if you don't want to spend that much, then the next logical step would be to find one from a revhard kit, which you might be able to find for like... 250.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:38 AM
Venuto Ottenga Alcun

PWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to behold

Also remember that the welds crack before the tubes...
Old 07-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

only in incorrect welding techniques. i've seen material crack away from the weld area before.

on the meng/sparks/obx manifolds, the welds crack first.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:54 AM
Venuto Ottenga Alcun

PWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Greaser

on the meng/sparks/obx manifolds, the welds crack first.
Thats what i was talking about...
Old 07-15-2003, 09:58 AM
Smart Dumb cats

SHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond repute

let me show you something.

Quick Reply: Ebay's Turbo manifold