Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Ebay turbo kit

Old 06-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tmac_DSM4LIFE has disabled reputation
Default Ebay turbo kit

I just wanted to know if anyone has bought an ebay turbo kit or ssautochrome turbo kit for A DA Integra or any car. Was or is ok or is it garbage? Let me know you opinion.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

Boi Boi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ebay turbo kit

some people have great results with them and other didnt since you have a da check g2ic.com alot of guys use them
Old 06-30-2007, 03:15 AM
we PARTYIN!

1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute

you get what you pay for... 'nuff said.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:20 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

It's "dirt" cheap ain't it?
Old 06-30-2007, 04:14 AM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve
Cool Re: Ebay turbo kit

Pretty much shooting from the hip with thoes. Its like a 75% chance they are crap and 25% they will last for about 5000 miles.

Do a google search and you will change your mind.

I have been to shops that wont even do a tune with thoes kits due to the fear of breaking somthing.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:16 AM
repping that gR

WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3

ebay does offer some turbo kits besides SSautochrome that offer a warranty on turbo, intercooler wg,bov... i bought two of them from these people and havent had a problem. its not SSauto but its also not FULL RACE.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

-wastegates are ok

-turbos are ok, if you use a restrictor

-intercoolers are ok

-piping is ok

-manifold is crap and will crack

-dp will never fit straight out of the box.

-bov will require you to dissassemble it and remove the bigger spring to make it work. but it will not hold more then ~15 psi.

the longest running one i have read about was 12k miles (about 13 months). other then that one, the usual is 1-5k miles.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Banned

DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point

well, My ebay $175 turbo lasted a good 10months...and its still lasting. So I dont see what all the bitching is about. ha. I guess im that lucky 25%. and dude said run an oil restrictor onthem and they are ok, dont all turbos use that restrictor? But yeah..dont get the tubular manifolds from them, get the log style, got a friend with one on his 312whp b18c on 12psi. so aint a damnt thing wrong withthose either. Other than it sits a lil crooked..lol...I have a turbonetics log manifold on mine so I couldnt tell you from my sight. But on his its working great.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CivicGsr94EG8
dude said run an oil restrictor on them and they are ok, dont all turbos use that restrictor?
a true garret could last for years exposed to 50+ psi, even though they are not rated for it. however a ss auto will only last a couple months at best.

i had a true garret on my old teg that lasted for three years without a restrictor (did not know any better at the time).

but i used an ss, at first on my hbk, that last only three weeks without a restrictor. <- what can i say, i was in a rush. it was cheap and my "temporary" turbo anyway.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Banned

DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, ebay turbos...certain ones on there will last lil over a year. or more. but for $175.....i mean..lol..I also saw a place on honda tech i thikn...they convert the cheap korean turbos ( ssauto)xspower) convert them over to full garrett...its somthing like $300...but not a bad deal.

Quick Reply: Ebay turbo kit