Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

eBay rip off... Someone help?

Old 09-22-2005, 05:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FST-LANE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default eBay rip off... Someone help?

Hello everyone...

Recently, I ordered some "lowering springs" off of eBay... --this is back when I was dumb, and I ordered stuff off eBay for my car... I am now smarter than this...lol

Anyways, these lowering springs were supposed to lower my car a certain height... So I order them, and I spend an entire saturday, and install one of the lowering springs with some new Tokico adjustable struts... And then.... "Wow...WTF... My car is the exact same height..." --So I drive it around for a few days... Still the same height... So I think maybe it's the new Tokico struts... So I spend another saturday removing the Tokico strut and putting the "lowering spring" on my stock suspension... Still nothing... Stock suspension has the same height as with the eBay "lowering springs".

I email the seller who says I'm doing something wrongm because they sell a lot of those... I tell them, I'm not doing a dang thing wrong and I want my money back. So I file a dispute with PayPal to get my money back a month ago... Now PayPal is requesting that I have an "unbiased 3rd party" that can write me a document that confirms that the items is significantly "not-as-described".

---So that's my question... Is there anyone on here willing to help me out with that? Maybe if you own or work at a car shop or something like that and you can sign a letter that I type up? PayPal also said they may call that person, but I doubt it... I think PayPal is completely run by computers...lol

Thanks in advance for any help,
Andrew

Here is the letter I received from PayPal:
In order to continue with the investigation of your claim, we must request documentation to support your claim that the item is significantly not as described. Please obtain a document (such as an estimate or invoice) from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer; repair shop, appraiser, or another individual or organization that is qualified in the area of the item in question (other than yourself), which clearly explains how the item received significantly differs from the item advertised. Please do not proceed with any repairs or alterations to the item, as doing so will limit PayPal's ability to successfully resolve your claim, and may result in the cancellation of your dispute. If possible, the document should include a serial number and description of the item, and the dollar amount required to complete the repairs necessary to correct the damage. This document must be on letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the individual, business, or organization so that PayPal may contact them if necessary.

The documents should be faxed to PayPal at (402) 537-5760 (please note this is a United States phone number, if you are faxing from outside the United States, you will generally need to dial 00 1 before the number). Please include a cover sheet with your fax that includes the email address registered on your PayPal account and the ID number of your claim so we may attach the document to your claim as quickly as possible.

We must receive your fax within ten days from the date of this message in order to proceed with the investigation of your claim. If we do not receive your fax within ten days, your claim will be cancelled. Unfortunately, we are unable to grant extensions to this time period. Please note that PayPal is unable to reimburse you for any costs or fees that may be incurred in obtaining the requested documents. Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller in your dispute.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience. We apologize for any inconvenience this request may cause. Please do not misconstrue PayPal's request as suspicion that your claim is not valid. As we are an internet-based business, we do not have the opportunity to review the relevant items and evidence in question. Therefore, we must rely on the documents described in our request to continue with the investigation of your claim.

Sincerely,
Fred
Protection Services Department
PayPal, an eBay Company
Old 09-22-2005, 05:31 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....
Default Re: eBay rip off... Someone help?

This has nothing to do with your post but I saw you on victory a couple of times. I was gonna pick on ya a bit but I said fuck it.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:32 AM
Registered Member

00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

so you will know, they may call. i have had to call before b/c of an error on my account..def not all computer ran
Old 09-22-2005, 05:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Assassin
This has nothing to do with your post but I saw you on victory a couple of times. I was gonna pick on ya a bit but I said fuck it.
Haha...good thing, cause my car's slow as a bitch cause of a bad knock sensor or O2 sensor, or something like that...lol... no power in low RPMs at all. Besides, my car's basically stock...lol --Saving up for a real car

P.S. I made this thread in the "Tech" section, cause I figure people that work at car places probably read in here... And that's who I need to tell PayPal that I really did get ripped off...

Last edited by FST-LANE; 09-22-2005 at 06:08 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:29 AM
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul

My advice.

Pull them off your car, sell them on ebay as used with less then 100 miles on them. Cut your losses. You will probably make back 75% of your money. When you have them off, compare them to the stock springs and see if they are actually shorter or not. Send a picture to the original seller showing him they are not different unless they are.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:22 AM
Banned

Well, I thought about that, but I figured I'd try this first, since then PayPal will refund me the entire amount, including the outrageous shipping cost the guy charged me... and all I'd have to pay is the return shipping...

Anyways, I dont want to rip off some other guy that buys them from me, cause then he'll be mad at me and want his money back too... :-\
Old 09-22-2005, 10:58 AM
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul

Originally Posted by FST-LANE
Well, I thought about that, but I figured I'd try this first, since then PayPal will refund me the entire amount, including the outrageous shipping cost the guy charged me... and all I'd have to pay is the return shipping...

Anyways, I dont want to rip off some other guy that buys them from me, cause then he'll be mad at me and want his money back too... :-\
You wouldnt be ripping them off, just make sure to include an accurate description of the item. Someone else may be more then happy with them.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:36 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

ebay-full of morons.

and to be honest, if you dont know what it is you are wanting or buying, then you are pretty stupid for buying something with no knowledge.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Banned

but the thing is, how was I supposed to know that these lowering springs would not LOWER my car, when the item description explicitly said "Lowers 1.5 to 2 inches"

!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:12 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by FST-LANE
but the thing is, how was I supposed to know that these lowering springs would not LOWER my car, when the item description explicitly said "Lowers 1.5 to 2 inches"

!!!

i can advertise my dick on ebay all day long, saying its "three inches from the ground" and neglect to add "when i am laying on my belly" and it still be right.

bottom line: you wanted to lower your car, yet you didnt do research first. never go cheap on springs, it will always give problems.

the old addage "you get what you pay for" comes to mind....

Quick Reply: eBay rip off... Someone help?