Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

eaglt talon 6bolt and 7

Old 04-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theslimoutkast5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default eaglt talon 6bolt and 7

hey i am looking to get an eagle talon and i know that 6 bolts are stronger but i was wondering how much stronger they are than a seven....thanks
Old 04-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling
Default Re: eaglt talon 6bolt and 7

as much as you make them...i honestly dont think its a question on strencth because both are strong. but the 7bolt does have a bad tendency to crank walk. best bet would be to get the body style you want and then get a magnus motor
Old 04-10-2004, 05:29 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

they are both fine. if it comes down to everything else equal choosing between 2 cars.. take hte 6.. otherwise, give it no weight in the decision.. crankwalk only applies to 2G DSMs and doesn't need to be taken into consideration either, since it's a "shit happens" sorta deal if it walks.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex

I have heard about crank walk in the dsm's but never have really seen it. If I were you, I would get a 2nd gen and just put on a 1st gen head since they flow so much better and upgrade the turbo cause both models are small as hell. Take out those crank balance elimators too.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:42 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spooledex
I have heard about crank walk in the dsm's but never have really seen it. If I were you, I would get a 2nd gen and just put on a 1st gen head since they flow so much better and upgrade the turbo cause both models are small as hell. Take out those crank balance elimators too.
or he can not waste his money.... no need to fix what's not broken, unless you're making a practical upgrade..

better flowing head won't matter without a big turbo to make use of it, 2G head can be ported to flow better than a 1G head anyways. balance shafts you have no need to touch unless one fails or if you're REALLY paranoid of the belt breaking and hitting the timing belt.

stock turbos do suck though.. but the 14b on a 1G will get you pretty far if you're too poor to upgrade
Old 04-11-2004, 01:55 PM
Reppin'

Attrayant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
or he can not waste his money.... no need to fix what's not broken, unless you're making a practical upgrade..

better flowing head won't matter without a big turbo to make use of it, 2G head can be ported to flow better than a 1G head anyways. balance shafts you have no need to touch unless one fails or if you're REALLY paranoid of the belt breaking and hitting the timing belt.

stock turbos do suck though.. but the 14b on a 1G will get you pretty far if you're too poor to upgrade
What he said.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

ive seen crank walk. i got the engine sittin in my shed torn apart. it washed the number 1...or was it 4...well it washed the bearing out. because of the walk
Old 04-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point

What exactly is crank walk?
Old 04-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Reppin'

Attrayant is an unknown quantity at this point

Faulty crankshaft in the 2nd gen 7 bolt engines, basically it allows the crank shaft to "walk" or move horizontally due to being manufactured out of spec.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

ive got a 7 bolt in my car again

Quick Reply: eaglt talon 6bolt and 7